Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 7.17.17, 7:39 am Post #61: | Reply With Quote
St. George said
I was informed that the Apex is a rebadged Thunder Tiger Sparrowhawk, a car I'd never heard of before. Very interesting.
I've heard that.
"Experienced user"
St. George - 7.17.17, 7:48 am Post #62: | Reply With Quote
Billy Kelly said
I've heard that.
From pictures I've seen, it looks like the Sparrowhawk had Philips-head hardware instead of hex-head like the Apex.
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 7.17.17, 8:31 am Post #63: | Reply With Quote
St. George said
From pictures I've seen, it looks like the Sparrowhawk had Philips-head hardware instead of hex-head like the Apex.
It's possible. Think I saw one once when first got into hobby. Local store carried a few Thunder Tiger vehicle then.
"Experienced user"
St. George - 7.17.17, 11:01 am Post #64: | Reply With Quote
Billy Kelly said
It's possible. Think I saw one once when first got into hobby. Local store carried a few Thunder Tiger vehicle then.
I thought it was an original AE product. I'm hoping it doesn't turn out to be a Kia with a Lexus badge
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 7.17.17, 11:53 am Post #65: | Reply With Quote
St. George said
I thought it was an original AE product. I'm hoping it doesn't turn out to be a Kia with a Lexus badge
I'm 4 years in on the Apex. Never had any complaints. If I remember right Thunder Tiger own Associated. Thunder Tiger has never really had a presence in on road. At least that I've seen.
"Experienced user"
St. George - 7.17.17, 1:16 pm Post #66: | Reply With Quote
Billy Kelly said
I'm 4 years in on the Apex. Never had any complaints. If I remember right Thunder Tiger own Associated. Thunder Tiger has never really had a presence in on road. At least that I've seen.
I'm sure it's a great car. It is definitely the quietest RC I've ever had!
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - 7.17.17, 1:54 pm Post #67: | Reply With Quote
Billy Kelly said
Thunder Tiger and Associated have released each other's vehicles a few other times too, the Thunder Tiger Phoenix bx 2 was an Associated RC10B3 with metric hardware the Thunder Tiger Phoenix ST 2 was an Associated RC10T3 again with metric hardware, the Thunder Tiger mt4 g3 and the Associated Rival use the same tires and wheels with different color beadlocks(something weird is the Thunder Tiger wheels and tires cost less than the Associated ones) those are the ones I know off the top of my head.
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Team Associated Apex
Team Associated RC10B2