Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
DBFIU - 5.14.17, 10:20 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Hello guys!

I have about 8 receivers from the generic FlySky GT3B and GT3C 2.4 ghz controllers that I currently use in my RC trucks. I am looking to switch to the Trackstar TS3t and I want to know if those receives will bind with it? I would assume they would because they are 2.4ghz FHSS which seems to be standard.

I just need confirmation before I order the radio.

thanks!
Stampede 4x4 (Test bed for all sorts of insane wizardry)
Tamiya M06 BMW 2002 Turbo (going for the scaler look, Holla!!)
Axial EXO Terra (All around basher and my favorite thing on earth right now)
OFNA GTP2e (In transit, when it gets into my hands, may lord have mercy on it)
"Experienced user"
roadhog29389 - 5.14.17, 10:53 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
No
"Experienced user"
thegrafxguy - 5.14.17, 10:54 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Unless the OEM for that specific transmitter is flysky, no, it will not work. Even if the OEM is the same doesn't mean they'll work either. Sometimes the firmware is changed and that changes which receivers will work also. Good thing is that you're still picking a cheap transmitter with cheap receivers. Even replacing all 8 of your's would only be the same as replacing 1 1/2 of mine, lol.
Arrma Talion - ACE Ripper 2000kv, HW Quicrun 150a, Brushless 25kg servo

Sakura D4 AWD - Tacon 3930kv, HW EZRun 60a, Blue Bird Servo

Spektrum DX4S
"Experienced user"
DBFIU - 5.14.17, 11:22 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info. I thought they were compatible since a lot of hobbyking and flysky receivers can bind. I might just have to pick up new receivers.
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 5.15.17, 5:30 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Trackstar is a distributor who rebrands products from many different OEM's, this is very confusing; OFNA used to do the same thing and folks would often incorrectly assume that parts were compatible between products when they were in fact manufactured by many different brands.

The OEM for the TS3T is BER, more info here:
http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho....php?p=2138842
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"Experienced user"
DBFIU - 5.26.17, 7:06 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info Bill.

I have just received both Trackstar TS3t's I ordered from Hobbyking and my projects are now at a standstill because of these radio systems.

I tried to bind the Tx to the Rx as per the instructions (which were written in broken chinglish) and I am not getting any steering input to my servo when all systems are powered up. I do get throttle control, but no steering.

I tried this on my second TS3t and still, not steering. I suspect I am doing something wrong because I can't believe I would get two faulty units with the exact same problem (I switched Rx's and the problem never moved). I have no steering input on CH2, zero, zip, zilch. If I move the throttle, my test servo moves though.

Can anyone please help me with this issue? I suspect it is maybe a binding problem since I don't feel like I had done it correctly and I cannot find how to bind these two devices, they are not like the FlySkys.

Thanks in advance.

D
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 5.26.17, 7:17 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
CH1 = Steering
Ch2 = Throttle
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash