Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
nickandluke - 5.18.17, 9:44 pm Post #311: | Reply With Quote
I see what u saying. My old arms are definitely bendable by your arm strength.
"Experienced user"
Heeelmooi - 5.19.17, 12:44 am Post #312: | Reply With Quote
I used to break drive shafts like nothing on my Vorza turggy as well. I strengthen the arms with carbon inserts to stop them from bending and that didn't help; still broke the drive shafts. The only thing that helped for me was reducing the droop.
Check out my youtube channel: HeeelMooi

Mad Force VE, Bear Hawk, Wild Willy 2, MT4 G3, Losi 8ight-T 2.0, Vorza, HK Monster Beatle, RC8e, Shoterned D8T, p2de, NC MT 1/16 NC SCT, P4de, Traxxas X-Maxx
"Experienced user"
Chainsaw10 - 5.19.17, 5:10 am Post #313: | Reply With Quote
I will do that heelmoi..adjust fo a bit less droop. I already did that on the full length D8t.

I really haven't broken too many shafts considering the abuse administered...I had a short period though where I broke several all within a few weeks of each other. I think sometimes they make bad batches out of lower grade steel or something. The Vorza truggy still has 1 rear Kyosho universal that has been on there for years!! The other paired Kyosho broke very fast....but it was a really hard hit. I recently purchased extra Kyosho unis to swap in whenever I break another shaft. I'll also get some new HB D817T universals once there out for a while. Right now they are really expensive because they're brand new...and I only see that 1 seller carries them.

I do feel though that most of my driveshaft breakages were partly due to over flexy arms...most breaks were from really hard landings.

...at the very least these updated stiffer arms will look better in the long run because they shouldn't get all saggy like grannies ta-ta's
MT4-g3, Wraith
Summit , HPI Apache SC
Vorza truggy, Tekno MT410
D8T-e, Tekno sct410.3
"Experienced user"
nickandluke - 5.19.17, 7:51 am Post #314: | Reply With Quote
[IMG][/IMG]

R these the axles to use.
"Experienced user"
Chainsaw10 - 5.19.17, 8:26 am Post #315: | Reply With Quote
I'm almost positive those are the ones I have. I tried looking back in my eBay purchase history but I bought them a few months ago and I can't find them. . I'm just checking on my phone eBay app right now, I believe I can look further back into purchase history on my computer, when I'm home later I'll check to verify.
They are a direct fit except you have to drill the hole for the crosspin(that goes thru the wheel hub) just a tad larger.
MT4-g3, Wraith
Summit , HPI Apache SC
D8T-e, Tekno sct410.3
"Experienced user"
nickandluke - 5.19.17, 12:52 pm Post #316: | Reply With Quote
Awesome. Thats about the same price i sold the front buggy axles for.
"Experienced user"
Chainsaw10 - 5.19.17, 2:12 pm Post #317: | Reply With Quote
nickandluke said
[IMG][/IMG]

R these the axles to use.
I looked up my eBay purchase. Those may not be be proper ones you're looking at. the part number of the Kyosho axles I bought is KYOS103 ...they are listed as 130mm

Edit...never mind. I just looked further into DollarHobbyz description and that part number is there. They should be the proper axles.
I've never tried them on the front though. Not sure they fit in front?
(Last edited by Chainsaw10 : 5.19.17 at 2:16 pm)
MT4-g3, Wraith
Summit , HPI Apache SC
D8T-e, Tekno sct410.3
"Experienced user"
nickandluke - 5.19.17, 3:12 pm Post #318: | Reply With Quote
Gotcha. So what did you use for the front? I know that the buggy front cvd barely went into the drive cups coming out of the diff.

I just checked. The front arms are about 1/2" or about 13mm shorter.
"Experienced user"
tman4wdr - 5.19.17, 3:26 pm Post #319: | Reply With Quote
Still never broke a D8t axle here guys. I did noticed that the HB cvd's are the most "chattery" of any I have, especially when turning the fronts chatter like crazy. The rears I had the outer hub pin through the small screw holes and didn't have any problem there. I did manage to score some Tekno axles a couple months back so they're on standby.

Great that they stiffened the arms up some man they could get a permanent bow in them pretty quick. Interested to hear if they retain that legendary durability though!
Truggy, MT, Buggy, ST, TC, SCB, Yeti, Mini
"Experienced user"
Chainsaw10 - 5.19.17, 8:05 pm Post #320: | Reply With Quote
nickandluke said
Gotcha. So what did you use for the front? I know that the buggy front cvd barely went into the drive cups coming out of the diff.

I just checked. The front arms are about 1/2" or about 13mm shorter.
I was just going to do a quick check if the Kyosho universals fit the front
...but I wound up installing both in front and some new front arms.
The fit seems fine. Dog bones set about in the middle of the cup. If there's ever really a problem with the dogbones popping out that can be fixed by modifying the placement of the outer hinge pins(like tman and I did in the rear. There may just be a little bit of dremeling required on the arms so the steering knuckle will clear. But I don't think they'll pop out anyway so that shouldn't be necessary.
By the way you need a 1/8 drill bit to drill out the Kyosho universal hub holes

MT4-g3, Wraith
Summit , HPI Apache SC
D8T-e, Tekno sct410.3