I had this 2WD truck that I built a while ago just collecting dust on my workbench. Hybrid TA02/CC01 with a Traxxas 1/16 trans and a Titan 380. Fun little truck, and the 380 was suprisingly peppy.
Cool little truck, but I thought it would be fun to do a solid rear axle car...and I like drifting, so I ripped it apart and started working on a rebuild.
First thing I did was cut out a new chassis more appropriate for a low slung car. I added side pods so I could have some options for battery and electronic placement.
Tucked in the rear CC01 axle. I would like to make this a little simpler though - there's a lot going on back here. Found some nice touring shocks in my box
Mocking up with the front suspension. Wheels are jsut for mockup.
And of course, had to throw the body on...kept it in the family with a Tamiya body, and the Jager Capri was perfect!! Lots of vents, scoops, and flares...very drifty. This body is super wide, hoping the rims I ordered fill it out ok.
I know very little about drifting...I ordered a gyro to help keep it straight...or not straight. Should be interesting!
Much more to come..."thumbsup"