Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Dinobot"
OSRC - 5.18.17, 6:01 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I had this 2WD truck that I built a while ago just collecting dust on my workbench. Hybrid TA02/CC01 with a Traxxas 1/16 trans and a Titan 380. Fun little truck, and the 380 was suprisingly peppy.

Cool little truck, but I thought it would be fun to do a solid rear axle car...and I like drifting, so I ripped it apart and started working on a rebuild.

First thing I did was cut out a new chassis more appropriate for a low slung car. I added side pods so I could have some options for battery and electronic placement.

Tucked in the rear CC01 axle. I would like to make this a little simpler though - there's a lot going on back here. Found some nice touring shocks in my box

Mocking up with the front suspension. Wheels are jsut for mockup.

And of course, had to throw the body on...kept it in the family with a Tamiya body, and the Jager Capri was perfect!! Lots of vents, scoops, and flares...very drifty. This body is super wide, hoping the rims I ordered fill it out ok.

I know very little about drifting...I ordered a gyro to help keep it straight...or not straight. Should be interesting!

Much more to come..."thumbsup"
"ae fanboy"
Kingy - 5.18.17, 6:35 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Nice project, a mate of mine has done a live axle drifter using a rc4wd yota axle, works fantastic.

love how the shocks are mounted to give it trailing arms too!
Associated [RC10B5M - RC10T4.1 FT - RC10B4.1 WORLD'S - RC10B44.2 - RC8T CE-E - RC8BE]
Durango [DESC210R] Ofna [NEXX10SC] Serpent [S411] RC4WD [Bully - Bully2]
Gmade [Sawback] Axial [Scx10 - Wraith - Yeti] Eagle Racing [TT-01 V.3] MST [FXX-D]
"Dinobot"
OSRC - 5.18.17, 6:40 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
My CC01 drift truck is super smooth, hoping this will handle the same. It's only 2WD though, and that's a new one for me. Should be a cool car when all is said and done though.
"ae fanboy"
Kingy - 5.18.17, 6:47 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
for 2wd you need a lot of lock, as in 75 degrees+, and a good amount of caster helps too.

Battery up high in the rear to help get more weight transfer helps too. Basically the opposite of what you would do with a crawler...
Associated [RC10B5M - RC10T4.1 FT - RC10B4.1 WORLD'S - RC10B44.2 - RC8T CE-E - RC8BE]
Durango [DESC210R] Ofna [NEXX10SC] Serpent [S411] RC4WD [Bully - Bully2]
Gmade [Sawback] Axial [Scx10 - Wraith - Yeti] Eagle Racing [TT-01 V.3] MST [FXX-D]
"Vacationing User"
iluvmud - 5.18.17, 7:38 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
pretty dang impressive!!!!

If you want to sell the parts that made it a truck let me know
17 Tamiyas 2 other cars...I have problems.

TheJANG said
I Luv Mud......
"Experienced user"
perry - 5.18.17, 10:28 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Yeah, I too am REALLLLLYY interested to know more about the first iteration of this thing.
tamiyafier said
Whenever someone replies "k thks m8 lol" i die a little inside.

still runnin' cars like I clean my teeth: with brushes.

"makya" on most other forums
"Experienced user"
shreddinspurs - 5.18.17, 10:46 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Looking forward to this one! Looks awesome so far!
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 5.18.17, 11:18 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
That's the most creative thing I've seen in a while.
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Experienced user"
reptileman - 5.19.17, 5:25 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
cool!
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 5.19.17, 9:18 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
Really loving this, gives me hope for my trashed 70 dollar banggood crawler.
"My garden is life itself, in the sense that every aspect of it should be taken care of and tended to as you would a rose, trimming off dead leaves and excess, being left with raw beauty, and perfection in my own mind. " - Jester