Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
vintage - 5.17.17, 7:37 pm Post #41: | Reply With Quote
Chainsaw10 said
So im looking at tppowers website at the sensorless 4260. Before ordering You have to pick a "wind", which I guess is what determines the KV of the motor?. What wind would be best for what I'm looking for?
http://www.tppowerusa.com/tp-4260
The 6d looks like a good wind for you, it puts you at 1650kv which should be usable on 4s on anything from 14 to 22 tooth pinion in the Mt 410 and you could run 5or 6s (but have a flipping machine) on 5 or 6s.
"Experienced user"
Chainsaw10 - 5.18.17, 4:19 am Post #42: | Reply With Quote
vintage said
The 6d looks like a good wind for you, it puts you at 1650kv which should be usable on 4s on anything from 14 to 22 tooth pinion in the Mt 410 and you could run 5or 6s (but have a flipping machine) on 5 or 6s.
Thanks for the help . I'm gonna give the 1700kv hobbystar a try first. Then I'm most likely going to grab that motor too. I'd like to set up a couple of my 1/8 monster truggies up to be more usable for summer temps.
MT4-g3, Wraith
Summit , HPI Apache SC
Vorza truggy, Tekno MT410
D8T-e, Tekno sct410.3
"Experienced user"
Chainsaw10 - 5.18.17, 5:39 pm Post #43: | Reply With Quote
Just ordered the tp power motor. I may use it in one of my D8T's though.
MT4-g3, Wraith
Summit , HPI Apache SC
D8T-e, Tekno sct410.3
"Experienced user"
Chainsaw10 - 5.18.17, 5:46 pm Post #44: | Reply With Quote
I made a flexible support so the rear bumper hinge thing doesn't press in and smash into the rear of the body. It still flexes plenty but doesn't stay folded in after impact.

MT4-g3, Wraith
Summit , HPI Apache SC
D8T-e, Tekno sct410.3
"Experienced user"
vintage - 5.18.17, 7:35 pm Post #45: | Reply With Quote
I'm interested in your opinion of the hobbystar, I'm looking for a good 6s motor for my eb48.3 for off-road bashing (the 2200kv castle 1515 is great with buggy tires, but overgeared with the sandpaws I run when I get to the dunes). I think you'll like the tppower. I'd love to see a closeup of what the aluminum tube is screwed into, mine's destroying bodies at a pretty good clip.

I just gps'd and datalogged mine. With a fully charged 4s, 16 tooth pinion, and 6.5 inch tires, I'm hitting 40 mph. Per the logging, voltage is dropping to 14.7 volts at the peak rpm of 21759, giving me an actual 1480kV for the 1460kV 4250 (so maybe the logger isn't that accurate at capturing voltage or rpm or maybe the motor's rating is slightly off). That also means the calculated peak speed is 34 mph with no ballooning, so the 6.5" trenchers are ballooning to around 7.5" unless peak rpm is significantly more than the logger is telling me.
(Last edited by vintage : 5.18.17 at 7:38 pm)
"Experienced user"
Chainsaw10 - 5.19.17, 4:10 am Post #46: | Reply With Quote
I'll try to get a pic later of how I have the aluminum square tube attached....but it's very simple. I just bolted some old turnbuckle ends to the inner sides of the shock towers( in the center hole that was already there). Then I then I drilled holes in the tube to match up with the turnbuckle eyelets and bolted it up with a bolt thru the top of the tube and nut on the underside.
MT4-g3, Wraith
Summit , HPI Apache SC
D8T-e, Tekno sct410.3
"Experienced user"
Chainsaw10 - 5.19.17, 6:17 am Post #47: | Reply With Quote

Hard to get a good picture but I think you can see what I did here.
The thing with the body clip to the left is holding the body post in the tube...so the picture is hard to see what's what.
(Last edited by Chainsaw10 : 5.19.17 at 6:19 am)
MT4-g3, Wraith
Summit , HPI Apache SC
D8T-e, Tekno sct410.3
"Experienced user"
Chainsaw10 - 5.19.17, 9:14 am Post #48: | Reply With Quote
Hobbystar motor already arrived. That was fast!!! Thanks RCJuice! And thanks for the free lollipop
The can is exactly the same as the Gool 2000kv except for color.

MT4-g3, Wraith
Summit , HPI Apache SC
D8T-e, Tekno sct410.3
"Experienced user"
Chainsaw10 - 5.19.17, 9:52 am Post #49: | Reply With Quote
Installed motor and took out for a bash already. Ran hard for about 10 minutes, it's 85 degrees sunny and very humid today. ....temps on the motor were over 190

I was running the new Bigass Badlands
The motor is very smooth and powerful ...it actually feels like the same power as the Gool motor It can easily do standing backflips on 4s. .
I'm not sure how KV values are determined but if I had to put money on it, this is the exact same motor as the Gool 2000kv, inside and out.
....that's not a bad thing overall, I think there both great motors. I'll use them with smaller tires, and big tires cooler weather
MT4-g3, Wraith
Summit , HPI Apache SC
D8T-e, Tekno sct410.3
"Experienced user"
vintage - 5.19.17, 11:16 am Post #50: | Reply With Quote
Chainsaw10 said
Hard to get a good picture but I think you can see what I did here.
The thing with the body clip to the left is holding the body post in the tube...so the picture is hard to see what's what.
Awesome! Thanks!