Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Hasa Diga Eebowai!"
lsear2905 - 12.12.16, 9:41 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
Billy Kelly said
Yeah. But then people would jump straight to 6s. I've got the Slash based rally with then Mamba monster in it.
Maybe - then again maybe they could lock the software to 4S unless it's unlocked via the Traxxas Link App - like they do with the XO-1 before you can get V-Max.

I personally think a Sl4sh is fine on 2S (there is a limit to how much grip tires can provide) but the idea of higher voltage/lower KV has some serious appeal.

I also like any idea which involves using existing parts - parts availability to do the swap myself if I choose to is very appealing (like converting a Bandit to a Rustler, or a Sl4sh to a St4mpede, or an ERBE to a Summit).
from Melbourne, Australia (where Winter is Summer, and we use the metric system)

Bored? Check out and follow my Instagram feed @mycousinscrogg
Really bored? lsear2905's Garage in the General RC section
Want even more? Check out my flickr page at flickr.com/lsear
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 12.13.16, 5:04 am Post #12: | Reply With Quote
The new E-Revo brusheless system in a slash 4X4, the "Traxxas" (made by castle) motor is bigger than the old ERBE motor and it still fits perfectly, its a little close, but it works.
"My garden is life itself, in the sense that every aspect of it should be taken care of and tended to as you would a rose, trimming off dead leaves and excess, being left with raw beauty, and perfection in my own mind. " - Jester
"Experienced user"
icecold - 12.13.16, 6:13 am Post #13: | Reply With Quote
JesterTheJoker said
The new E-Revo brusheless system in a slash 4X4, the "Traxxas" (made by castle) motor is bigger than the old ERBE motor and it still fits perfectly, its a little close, but it works.

This also goes along with the Traxxas branding

Traxxas the Fastest name in radio control.

It's right there on their main page. I am more convinced than ever this is happening. And I just thought if it yesterday. Traxxas if your listening the idea is free just send me a free 4s Slash.

If and when they do it. They have the Fastest production 1/5 Scale Monster Truck
And the Fastest 1/10 Scale Short Course Truck.

If they add 17mm hex to the wheels we can make it a Monster Truck with a Body Swap and new Tires.
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 12.13.16, 2:44 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
Id love to see traxxas make the slash 4x4 1/8th scale power ready, it'd make the speed runners lives so much easier, and for me id just like to have a stupid over powered 1/8th scale buggy that weighs ~2LBS less than what its up against
"My garden is life itself, in the sense that every aspect of it should be taken care of and tended to as you would a rose, trimming off dead leaves and excess, being left with raw beauty, and perfection in my own mind. " - Jester