Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
angus - 3.22.13, 4:21 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
Yes they bolt right up, the XO-1 uses slash arms. If you want to run them with 5mm axles you can use 5x12 bearings that will be even tougher - although 5mm axles are still prone to bending.
"Experienced user"
bigdug - 3.22.13, 11:26 pm Post #12: | Reply With Quote
When using the xo-1 stubs, doesnt that add even more toe in, when theirs alread 2.5degrees built in?
"Experienced user"
RU4BN8 - 3.23.13, 11:56 pm Post #13: | Reply With Quote
Good question and I believe it is 3.5 factory toe in for the X-01. To add to the question, are the carriers reversible like the slashes for less toe in and if so what would it work out to? Basically if you buy X-01 drive shafts, it sounds like you just hafta change the rear carriers and front knuckles (with new bearing sizes) to install them on a slash 4x4.
(Last edited by RU4BN8 : 3.24.13 at 1:12 am)
"Experienced user"
angus - 3.24.13, 1:24 am Post #14: | Reply With Quote
RU4BN8 said
Good question and I believe it is 3.5 factory toe in for the X-01. To add to the question, are the carriers reversible like the slashes for less toe in and if so what would it work out to? Basically if you buy X-01 drive shafts, it sounds like you just hafta change the rear carriers and front knuckles (with new bearing sizes) to install them on a slash 4x4.
Yes, this is correct.
"New user"
Oufreud - 1.14.17, 5:19 pm Post #15: | Reply With Quote
New to the forum and was doing the XO1 axles install on my Slash 4x4 and finally got all the parts in as I'm doing the aluminum axle carriers on the rear and the aluminum steering blocks on the front, well the parts list I got off of YouTube said to use 6x12x4 and 10x15x4 bearings but I was installing and the inner bearings for the inner axle carriers were to big. Can someone give me the correct bearing sizes that I need? The outer s seemed to fit and I didn't even get to the front because of the problem with the rears.
I'm 44 and totally new to RC and I absolutely love it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.