Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Stay Fit"
Corrupt - 3.17.17, 10:46 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
MasteroFlego said
by hinge pins you mean the kingpins? traxxas makes threaded ones too, Tra3640. comes with a whole bunch of other suspension screws too.
Those are a step above the e-clips, and a step below the STRC pins. The threaded ones still back out, and are not as strong as the STRC pins.

-Corrupt
Stay Fit.
"RC Nut"
edgeverse - 3.18.17, 5:21 am Post #12: | Reply With Quote
Yes, those pins.
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
"Experienced user"
MasteroFlego - 3.18.17, 4:22 pm Post #13: | Reply With Quote
oh, i've never seen those before, i might have to pick some up.
"RC Nut"
edgeverse - 3.18.17, 5:29 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
Okay, picture time.
Here is my slash 2wd as it sits now:

I already installed the VXL esc, mounted some Dynamite Shootouts that were bought last for a basher prject that never.. happened and started putting the futaba receiver in it.

This is the slipper clutch eliminator. Read good things about and so I got one. I will install after I put the motor and servo in.

I have the strc pin set on the way.
"Experienced user"
MasteroFlego - 3.19.17, 10:57 am Post #15: | Reply With Quote
looks good.
"RC Nut"
edgeverse - 3.19.17, 4:41 pm Post #16: | Reply With Quote
Thanks. More to come.
"RC Nut"
edgeverse - 3.25.17, 7:31 pm Post #17: | Reply With Quote
Ok, more cool updates.

My strc pin set got here monday (03/20/17) and my slash body arrived yesterday (3/24/17).

I went ahead and installed the pin set, slipper eliminator and the motor. I needed to make wire extensions since the esc and motor wires were too short.

The slipper is easy to install. All you need to to do is remove the slipper set up behind the spur and leave only the crosspin in the diff shaft (see photos).

My set up:

Servo - Align DS615
Motor - Vega Power 3210kv 2pole (rebranded Himoto I think)
ESC - XVL-3s (2pole older version)
Body - Stock
Tires/Wheels - Dynamite Shootouts/Dynamite Wheels.

I did take a short test run and setting the gear mesh and slipper. The truck did well considering I ran in a parking lot for a few minutes. I did however, notice the truck ran somewhat smooth. I can only assume the slipper eliminator is causing it as many people I asked stated this too.

More to come.
"Experienced user"
duhjun - 4.28.17, 4:01 pm Post #18: | Reply With Quote
Good looking Slash! I might have to look into that slipper eliminator for both my Slash & Rustler.
I really enjoy my LCG Slash 2WD. I was out with a friend, last weekend, who has a Slash 4x4 HCG, and we were both amazed at how my truck landed back on its wheels at least 90% of the time. I didn't have it fully tuned, either. Once I get some better tires and tune my suspension, it'll probably more like 97% recovery to wheels. I look forward to seeing any udpates! (Subbed)
A.K.A. rcdabbler on other social media platforms, and johnnyluv on rccrawler forums.
"New user"
keener22 - 4.28.17, 7:41 pm Post #19: | Reply With Quote
Welcome back. It really is a great platform!