Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Vacationing user"
traxxasslash26 - 11.27.10, 6:42 pm Post #21: | Reply With Quote
SE_CustomRC said
Im actually building a backslash 4x4 right now and Id love to see some setups, especially bumber setups. only thing I cant begin to picture in my head. also what type of motor and battery combo would work right.
Awesome!

Right now: All stock except, RPM Arms all around, and just the needed parts to make it a "buggy"..

Setups may differ, but this is what i have, and i like it:
Camber:-1.0 Front -1.5 Rear
Toe:+1 Front, 0 in Rear, cant do it.
Oils: 30,000 Front and Rear Diff, 30wt Front Shock 35wt Rear
-No Center Diff, but going to buy one soon.
Shocks: mounted on the most inner hole on shock tower, Mounted on the outer hole on the A-Arm. a few shock spacers. Using Stock Shock bodies, with Tri-Nitride Shafts

As for motor and Battery:
I use a Tacon 3200kv motor. im on a budget, so i got the tacon.. saving for a real buggy. i got the 3200kv since im using a 3s lipo which seems to be as good as a 2200kv 4s, just from watching..

Battery: i like using 3s. 2s is under powered for 1.8 tracks. 4s is over powered. but really depends on the KV of your motor
"Vacationing user"
traxxasslash26 - 11.27.10, 6:45 pm Post #22: | Reply With Quote
WRCKing said
Maybe it is the wing angle, maybe there is to much downforce at the rear.
Also, you could let off the throttle mid jump to set it straight
i dont have a high downforce wing on it.. and ive played with the wing setting and didnt really change anything..

I tried full braking, but it still managed to get the nose up... im not really wanting to put extra weight, because it might mean more broken parts, since its truely a 1/10 setup... (how thick parts are.. etc.)
"Mr. Anderson"
WRCKing - 11.27.10, 6:47 pm Post #23: | Reply With Quote
Then try to move the batteries up a bit and see what you get
(_ ) ( _ ) ( _) ( _)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)>⌐╦╦═─
┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ
"Vacationing user"
traxxasslash26 - 11.27.10, 6:49 pm Post #24: | Reply With Quote
WRCKing said
Then try to move the batteries up a bit and see what you get
tried that.. LOL.

i may get a metal gear servo, to replace the plastic.. it'll add a few grams... hopefully.
"Mr. Anderson"
WRCKing - 11.27.10, 6:51 pm Post #25: | Reply With Quote
Seems that you need more weight up fron, but there really isn't a way to do so. May I propose that you make a makeshift wing in the front?
(⌐■_■)>⌐╦╦═─
┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ
"Vacationing user"
traxxasslash26 - 11.27.10, 7:35 pm Post #26: | Reply With Quote
a wing in the front? like an F1 car?
"Mr. Anderson"
WRCKing - 11.27.10, 10:10 pm Post #27: | Reply With Quote
Sort of but farther up like behind the shock towers, or just infront of them, might give you just enough balance.
(⌐■_■)>⌐╦╦═─
┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ
(URC Founder)
"..."
theJANG - 11.27.10, 10:19 pm Post #28: | Reply With Quote
Sigh. All things fall at the same rate regardless of mass. One part of an object falling faster than another is not the result of there being more weight at one end. It's a matter of throttle control and/or suspension setup. If one end of the suspension bottoms out on a jump, it can bounce the chassis over. If you hold the throttle, well you know what that does. If you're tilting over backwards in the air, just tap the brakes.
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by many other fellow members. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"Vacationing user"
traxxasslash26 - 11.27.10, 10:21 pm Post #29: | Reply With Quote
WRCKing said
Sort of but farther up like behind the shock towers, or just infront of them, might give you just enough balance.
oh, ill give that a try next time i go.
"Vacationing user"
traxxasslash26 - 11.27.10, 10:25 pm Post #30: | Reply With Quote
TheJANG said
Sigh. All things fall at the same rate regardless of mass. One part of an object falling faster than another is not the result of there being more weight at one end. It's a matter of throttle control and/or suspension setup. If one end of the suspension bottoms out on a jump, it can bounce the chassis over. If you hold the throttle, well you know what that does. If you're tilting over backwards in the air, just tap the brakes.
idk Jang.. I can take the jump thats right in frot of the stand at norcal on the 1/8 easy.. lands clean..

But when i do the jump in the back, i can never get it right.. I know what to do with the throttle and braking..

my brake is set to 65% since its just enough to get it clean. Its has enough brake to stop and nose dive, but its not set too high, where it'll just nose dive instantly. it gradually dives.

Could it be weight Issue + Wind? because all the other people on the 1/8 have a true buggy, and it weights probally doubt the weight of the backslash. So this and wind could throw it off?????

mehh,, i have no idea.. next time i head to norcal, ill just play around with the brake alittle more.. its just putting it too high is uncomfortable to me.. but i guess its worth a shot.