Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
bwmndl - 1.27.11, 11:20 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Is there a aftermarket part or a way to get more toe-in for the rear of a slash?
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 1.27.11, 11:51 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
There are -1 bearing carriers, the ProTrac rear arms add -2, and several aluminum gearboxes offer -1 and -4 arm carriers. You can basically put in all the toe you could ever want.
There are no atheists in the foxholes / There is no intellect in the air / There are no scientists on the way down / Just a working example of faith versus physics. --El-P, Flyentology
(URC Founder)
"..."
theJANG - 1.28.11, 12:00 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Stock is 3 degrees per side. Add 1 deg:

http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...product_id=460

Add 1.5 deg (also changes width verrrrry slightly if I'm not mistaken) :

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXYTH7&P=FR
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by many other fellow members. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"Experienced user"
bwmndl - 1.28.11, 12:06 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
I am running the Pro Trac supp I don't really want to go aluminum.What degree are most of the fast guys running?
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 1.28.11, 12:08 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Depends entirely on your track surface. I'm running the ProTrac arms with -1 arm carriers, my track is relatively low grip.
There are no atheists in the foxholes / There is no intellect in the air / There are no scientists on the way down / Just a working example of faith versus physics. --El-P, Flyentology
(URC Founder)
"..."
theJANG - 1.28.11, 12:58 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
The plastic Nitro 4-Tec 1.5deg carriers can work, but durability with them isn't good. I can't think of any other plastic carriers with toe-in offhand
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by many other fellow members. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"Big Talkin Know Nothin"
federally - 1.28.11, 7:49 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
If you're already using the protrac kit I would think that there are other suspension settings you can tune to achieve watever you want. So question is what is your problem? Maybe there is another solution to your problem.
Electrix Ruckus EzRun 60amp esc + Vxl motor
Axial SCX10 Sidewinder Sv2 + Tacon 1200kv motor

Sparta, TN
"Experienced user"
bwmndl - 1.29.11, 6:26 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
It's hard to explain, when I watch the good guys it just seems that their truck is on rails what I mean is the rear just follows the front.On my truck It seems I am working very hard to keep the rear of the truck under me under power,I know a lot is in the finger but not like this.Also I can not for the life of me create drag brake.I have good stuff on my truck now I just need to learn how to make it all work.I can give you my setup if you would like to know where I am at.
"Big Talkin Know Nothin"
federally - 1.29.11, 6:56 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Doesn't seem like rear toe in is the first conclusion I would make as what to do. What's the trucks setup like
Electrix Ruckus EzRun 60amp esc + Vxl motor
Axial SCX10 Sidewinder Sv2 + Tacon 1200kv motor

Sparta, TN
"New user"
AzNKeviN4EvA - 1.29.11, 7:18 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
Sounds like you need better rear tires. If your tires aren't grippy and you accelerate, the rear slides all over.