Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
wfd44 - 6.18.15, 5:56 pm Post #21: | Reply With Quote
Can you give us some specs and impressions on your current set up?
"I have the BEST words!"
lsear2905 - 6.19.15, 3:35 am Post #22: | Reply With Quote
wfd44 said
Can you give us some specs and impressions on your current set up?
I haven't changed it... I really do enjoy this thing greatly!!!
from Melbourne, Australia (where Winter is Summer, and we use the metric system)

Bored? Check out and follow my Instagram feed @mycousinscrogg
Really bored? lsear2905's Garage in the General RC section
Want even more? Check out my flickr page at flickr.com/lsear
"Experienced user"
wfd44 - 6.19.15, 5:31 pm Post #23: | Reply With Quote
So, you are still running the 10.5 sensored on 2S?
"I have the BEST words!"
lsear2905 - 6.22.15, 4:21 pm Post #24: | Reply With Quote
wfd44 said
Let me double check - I think it's a 10.5... maybe it's a 13.5? I'll check tonight.
from Melbourne, Australia (where Winter is Summer, and we use the metric system)

"Experienced user"
c10vortec - 7.05.15, 8:52 pm Post #25: | Reply With Quote
Nice build, these are def my favorites builds to read through.I have a hcg slash that I built to be off road capable after Chimera inspiration also. I ended up making it a trail truck only in the end though, but it's a lot of fun completely out crawling my friend's scx10's and Twin hammers then pulling wheelies away from the crawling spot!

Slash 4x4.jpg
Slash 4x4 Inside.jpg

I never did a thread on mine because it's really simple aside from electronics.
I'm running a Novak 5.5t sensored brushless and MMP. Other than that I've silly puttied both diffs and added the hot bodies rover crawling tires.
Keep making those sweet vids too!

On a side note, have you had issues breaking stock drive shafts? I didn't want to pay for metal drive shafts at first, but ended up breaking enough to pay for a set before I caved in. I'm currently running MIP x duties in the rear and Tekno's in the front
"I have the BEST words!"
lsear2905 - 7.25.15, 8:52 pm Post #26: | Reply With Quote
c10vortec said

I never did a thread on mine because it's really simple aside from electronics.
I'm running a Novak 5.5t sensored brushless and MMP. Other than that I've silly puttied both diffs and added the hot bodies rover crawling tires.
Keep making those sweet vids too!

On a side note, have you had issues breaking stock drive shafts? I didn't want to pay for metal drive shafts at first, but ended up breaking enough to pay for a set before I caved in. I'm currently running MIP x duties in the rear and Tekno's in the front
That's a heck of a motor - I've got a much slower motor, which for what I'm doing is perfect... no wheelies though! I haven't broken any driveshafts (yet) but a broke an output yoke jumping at high speed. As you would have seen (from the video on the previous page) this car can jump, but because I've raised it up so high if I'm too silly it will roll. I had MIPs on my Slash, and HATED them, but I understand the use of them to lower the CoG.

I took it for a wonderful drive this morning, even though it was extremely cold out, and as you'll see from the photos there's been a lot of rain, too.

Bonus points for anyone who can tell me the name of the yellow tree in the first pics!

"Experienced user"
Blue6Prodigy - 7.25.15, 8:59 pm Post #27: | Reply With Quote
Dude I love the look of that on-road slash!! I like the slashmit too. But that first version is a fresh sight.
"I have the BEST words!"
lsear2905 - 7.25.15, 10:48 pm Post #28: | Reply With Quote
wfd44 said
Sorry, I just realised I never got back to you - it's an Inix 11.5T sensored motor, still running on 2S.

It looks like this:

"I have the BEST words!"
lsear2905 - 7.25.15, 10:50 pm Post #29: | Reply With Quote
Blue6Prodigy said
Dude I love the look of that on-road slash!! I like the slashmit too. But that first version is a fresh sight.
Thanks, the on-road Slash was OK, but I got an HPI WR8, which is approximately 100 times better, and my Bandit is configured for on-road, too, so there wasn't much point to it.

Great thing about a Slash is that if I want to change it again it doesn't take much!

"Experienced user"
Backyard RC - 7.26.15, 9:16 am Post #30: | Reply With Quote
Again, excellent pictures.

In that last shot you should photoshop some crocodilles laying in the water.