Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Squeegie - 10.28.15, 9:08 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
I run the 2200kV motor on 3S with 20/50 gearing.
Not too many runs on it, but having fun so far!
"Experienced user"
Newbie101 - 10.29.15, 8:47 am Post #12: | Reply With Quote
bother man, that looks great!!!
Hpi Savage XL Electric with Castle Creations MMX ESC/2200kv motor and Savox SB-2274-SG and Spektrum DX4C with AVC Receiver

If I knew what I was doing, I'd be done a long time ago...
"Experienced user"
Jburke187 - 10.29.15, 9:01 am Post #13: | Reply With Quote
Thanks Newbie.

I will have to look into getting some gtr shocks, I have been using the same shock setup for about 3 years, traxxas big bores with losi blue springs, but under all this weight they are still quite a bit to soft.
(Last edited by Jburke187 : 10.29.15 at 9:03 am)
- Burke
U.S. Army Vet OEF, OIF
Rakkasan 1/187 Infantry Regiment
"Ne Desit Virtus"
"Experienced user"
Squeegie - 10.29.15, 9:02 am Post #14: | Reply With Quote
Jburke187 said
Recently I had knee surgery so I am cooped up in the house and decided to get my slash back out again. I think this time I am going to throw some mt wheels and tires on there and maybe change the body again. Never done an mt conversion with the slash so I figured I might as do one now, especially since I got rid of everything except for the slash and an scx10.

I will be running the same electronics, mamba monster and a castle 2200kv out of my old erevo. I'll probably go with duratrax bandito 2.8s, not sure what shock setup I'll go with. I was thinking the jconcepts bajr or the proline beetle body.

Sorry to bring back my old thread but I figured it is kind of the evolution of my slash.
Bandito's are not MT tires. They are street tires.

As for the BAJR or Beetle bodies, can't go wrong with either!

"Bustin five knots"
Matts175 - 10.29.15, 9:05 am Post #15: | Reply With Quote
My Slash is a bit on the hefty side (1/8th scale motor, 3s 7200mah LiPo, big tires, etc.) and the Losi SCTE "black medium" springs are working very well for me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Losi-LOSB296...IAAOSwqu9VAbsR

I tried the "Gold hard" version one time and they were a bit too much and the truck was bouncy and tippy.
Slash 4x4 LCG. RC GearShop 2150kv, WP-SC8 ESC, SMC 3s, Ebay 4s, XO-1 diffs, MIP X Dutys, Hot Racing, RPM Parts, Turnigy 1258TG servo

Syma X5SC Quadcopter
"Experienced user"
Jburke187 - 10.29.15, 9:10 am Post #16: | Reply With Quote
I guess I should have said monster truck conversion, I didn't mean mud terrain tires.

I like both of these tires, haven't really decided which to get. Both in 1/2" offset. I know the link to the banditos aren't in 1/2" offset in the link I posted. Just showing what I was thinking for tires.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDRTD&P=ML

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...0&I=LXDRTW&P=K

I'll be running 4 and 6s so I will have a good amount of weight added with the batteries. I think I might have some of the black losi springs, I don't know if they are any different from the scte springs though.

I thought about getting some good ole vorza shocks too, had some of those on one of my other slash before I got rid of it.

Ive never been a big fan of having to tune and build shocks, but it's part of the hobby, just in the same category as setting up light kits for me, I have to really want to do it.
(Last edited by Jburke187 : 10.29.15 at 9:18 am)
- Burke
U.S. Army Vet OEF, OIF
"Ne Desit Virtus"
"Bustin five knots"
Matts175 - 10.29.15, 9:25 am Post #17: | Reply With Quote
I'll bet you are thinking of the old Losi 1/10 stadium truck blacks. These are the newer ones and are huge in comparison.
Slash 4x4 LCG. RC GearShop 2150kv, WP-SC8 ESC, SMC 3s, Ebay 4s, XO-1 diffs, MIP X Dutys, Hot Racing, RPM Parts, Turnigy 1258TG servo

Syma X5SC Quadcopter
"Experienced user"
Jburke187 - 10.29.15, 9:28 am Post #18: | Reply With Quote
Will they fit on my old school traxxas big bores?
- Burke
U.S. Army Vet OEF, OIF
"Ne Desit Virtus"
"Bustin five knots"
Matts175 - 10.29.15, 9:32 am Post #19: | Reply With Quote
Nope. They would fall right off. LOL. But, they fit on the Traxxas GTRs like a glove.

Think of them as just being a few mm smaller than the Vorza springs.

Syma X5SC Quadcopter
"Experienced user"
Squeegie - 10.29.15, 9:33 am Post #20: | Reply With Quote
Upgrade to Traxxas GTR shocks and do the Revo valve kit mod!