Backstory: A while back I bought a Summit diff case, as well as an extra Slash case, to play around with the idea of shoving it into my Telluride LT
. Anyways, the other day I had some time to start trying it out for real.
Also, disclaimer: I know it isn't the best idea and it will probably dramatically weaken my $400++ truck, but I've already started, so why not? Plus as of now I've only modified spare parts, so I can still put it back to working condition.
First off, I took off the original diff case and shock tower, which are both really, really dirty.
I then put the stock diff in the Summit casing, so I could position the diff and also test the drivetrain.
Then I started cutting at the case and the front half of the Slash case to get the case to sit nicer and be more secured
...and to still be able to attach the front bumper.
That's my progress so far. I'm working on something to connect the front casing to the chassis mechanically, to which I'll also have to attach the shock tower. Besides that, it's still going better than I expected.
Also, if you're planning on trying this, use a dremel. I used basically every tool in the garage except our Dremel, and in hindsight it probably would have gone much smoother.
(Last edited by STIGCRAFTER : 2.12.17 at 11:31 pm)
"Bambidexterous: When you can skin a deer with both hands" - Mike Falzone
Instagram: @stigcrafter Youtube: STIGCRAFTER