Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
David Brock - 12.06.16, 3:04 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
oK, here's the deal. I'm stretching a slash 2wd LCG chassis to a 17 inch WB to go under an a 26 inch BMW M3 Hardbody. Plan to start with is a Mamba Monter ESC hooked to an Onyx 2200kv motor runnning 4s. So I'm thinking 32P spur and pinion are the way to go. It will still be on SCT sized tires. What tooth combination would be a good place to start? I want a happy medium between top speed and accelleration..... Any help would be appreiciated
"Experienced user"
iHasRc - 12.07.16, 12:16 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Id say with a motor that size on a car that light you'll be able to gear it very high, i wouldnt even worry about 'speed vs acceleration', it's gonna accelerate like a beast. gear it for like 60mph and go for it.

http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html
TEKNO MT410
AE RC8T3E / AE Rival / RC8.2E FT / RC8TE / DESC210 / SCT410 / Slash4x4 / RC18T2 / Wraith / Lunchbox
T-Rex 450 Pro / Nano-QX / PZ T-28 / Blade 130x
"Experienced user"
David Brock - 12.08.16, 11:39 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Best I can seem to find on ebay in 32P is a 50T spur and a and a 27T pinion for the best I could figure using that calculator is 43 mph......
"Experienced User"
guys2nv - 12.08.16, 10:16 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
David Brock said
Best I can seem to find on ebay in 32P is a 50T spur and a and a 27T pinion for the best I could figure using that calculator is 43 mph......
Sounds like you're entering something wrong. I was getting 86mph on 4s at 3.9v per cell with 27/50 gearing and a 4.3 inch tall tire. My own 2wd Stampede (same trans as 2wd slash) has gotten to 63mph on 3s, granted that was on a 5700kv castle motor.
(Last edited by guys2nv : 12.08.16 at 10:19 pm)
| Cen Colossus GST-E |
| Stampede 4x4 | Stampede |
| Shelfers - Lunchbox & Blackfoot |
| Futaba 4PLS |
"Experienced user"
David Brock - 12.08.16, 11:18 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Diference ie proably 1 and or 2 things. I didin't avtually know the voltage pe rrcell so I just devided 7.4 in half. 2nd I went with sock SCT tires amy diameter. seems soare besfil the hel . Now I know from the math on a 1/2 mileoval that the difference from a standar 14 inch mounted rim and tire to a 15 incht mounted rim and tire with everything else being equal is a difference in top speed of 10 mph at the end of the straight. Anyway. I'd already decided purely on availability I was going with the 50T spur and 27 T Pinion. But thanks to IHasRC for the link as it didi help me in knowing which way I needed to go number wise for spur and Pinion. Gearing is one I can never keep straight in my head. Unlike other setup information. Thanks for the help guys it is greatly appreiciated.