Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
icecold - 12.12.16, 2:48 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Whats the most popular Traxxas vehicle ? I think sales wise its the Slash based on numbers.

What do most people do a s soon as they get a Slash ? Get a new ESC and Motor.

So Traxxas wants that money. Since they are producing a new 8s XMAXX

https://traxxas.com/products/landing/X-Maxx-8S/

they need more than 1 vehicle to move all the new 4s Lipo batteries.

What would make perfect sense. Well a 4s Premium 4x4 Slash with new ESC, and an Upgraded Castle Motor. to run on 4s.

I'd throw money at them for this.
"Experienced user"
Dcuda69 - 12.12.16, 3:09 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
It would be a cool idea. Maybe if they start with an Ultimate or Platinum and make it an option? There's a few other pieces to upgrade in order to run 4s successfully. I run it in mine at times but I've thrown some $$$$ at it in order to make it bulletproof.I started with an Ultimate and added axles,diffs, motor mount, slipper,17mm hubs,etc.
Slash Ult. HW WP SC8/2150kv MIP King Headz
Rustler 3500kv VXL
"Experienced user"
Blue6Prodigy - 12.12.16, 3:20 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
No. They'll call it the Slash Germanium or Praseodymium.... or any of the other elements with 4 valence. That list includes Titanium.... Hmmm....
Check profile for list of RC's Owned
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 12.12.16, 3:22 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Now with them having a 4s battery its possible. But they don't have a 4s system.
"Experienced user"
Squeegie - 12.12.16, 3:30 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
ROAR wou;d need a whole new class to run the.
I doubt it will happen.
Maybe a special Titanium basher edition?
TRAXXAS: Slash 4x4 Platinum, Mini E-Revo VXL, E-Maxx 3906 Wide Max
TAMIYA: Porsche 956 RM. Mk. 5, Vanessa's Lunch Box (OG), Sand Scorcher (OG)
"Experienced user"
MBailey1977 - 12.12.16, 3:31 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
I got two I already run 4s in. MIP shafts one tekno the other. Cheap 8th scale motors and mmp esc's.
Outcast, DMT VE-R, Bushmaster, Talion, Yeti kit, 801xt brushless, Terremoto 8 and 10, 835e, Exo Terra, Slash 4x4 monster truck, Slash 2wd lcg, SC10B, SC10 4x4, Stampede 4x4, Savage XS, Slash lcg 4x4, MERV, Ultima DB, Rustler, Vendetta SC, Mini Trophy Truck, Prolite, Drift King, mini DT
"Experienced user"
Dcuda69 - 12.12.16, 6:02 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Billy Kelly said
Now with them having a 4s battery its possible. But they don't have a 4s system.
They run the Castle 2200kv in the ERevo brushless..that's 4s capable(and then some) I like the Titanium idea. My wife drives a Ford Fusion Titanium which is a pretty loaded up version of the Fusion. How about putting a Raptor body on it and calling it a Raptor Titanium?
Rustler 3500kv VXL
"Experienced user"
icecold - 12.12.16, 7:29 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Dcuda69 said
They run the Castle 2200kv in the ERevo brushless..that's 4s capable(and then some) I like the Titanium idea. My wife drives a Ford Fusion Titanium which is a pretty loaded up version of the Fusion. How about putting a Raptor body on it and calling it a Raptor Titanium?
Responding to everyone here. I think they can call it a Ford Raptor, and as other said in the XMAXX they need to upgrade the diff,s and have all the moving gears be 100% Metal
And as for ROAR, no one really cares, a fraction of Slash purchased are run at ROAR Spec, people just want the Most SPECd out Car out there.

Heck if Traxxas saw fit in all their wisdom to do this to the XMAXX I am 100 % convinced the 2017 Slash will get the 4s Treatment for an Extra $100 or $150 over a Platinum 4x4 Slash and it will be well worth it.

Traxxas already has

#1. 4s capable motors
#2 4s batteries
#3. OEM Upgraded Parts
#4. The current Design is just a Drop in Fit.

Someone posted pictures of a 2028 Castle Motor in their 4x4 Slash it just drops in.

As someone stated they just took the Parts out of their EREVO they sold and put them in the Slash

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=223452

Now all I have to do is sell my 2015 Slash 2WD, VXL, TSM, OBA, LCG looking to get $300 it was my first quality RC and it was blast.

Because I'm either getting an 8s XMAXX or a 4s Slash.
(Last edited by icecold : 12.12.16 at 7:35 pm)
"Experienced user"
Dcuda69 - 12.12.16, 8:16 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
icecold said

Traxxas already has

#1. 4s capable motors
#2 4s batteries
#3. OEM Upgraded Parts
#4. The current Design is just a Drop in Fit.

Yep! XO-1 diffs,XO-1 shafts,2200kv. Traxxas alum. motor mount. They have all the parts, just have to figure out how to package/market/sell it!
Rustler 3500kv VXL
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 12.12.16, 8:23 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
Dcuda69 said
Yeah. But then people would jump straight to 6s. I've got the Slash based rally with then Mamba monster in it.