Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"I have the BEST words!"
lsear2905 - 12.12.16, 9:41 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
Billy Kelly said
Yeah. But then people would jump straight to 6s. I've got the Slash based rally with then Mamba monster in it.
Maybe - then again maybe they could lock the software to 4S unless it's unlocked via the Traxxas Link App - like they do with the XO-1 before you can get V-Max.

I personally think a Sl4sh is fine on 2S (there is a limit to how much grip tires can provide) but the idea of higher voltage/lower KV has some serious appeal.

I also like any idea which involves using existing parts - parts availability to do the swap myself if I choose to is very appealing (like converting a Bandit to a Rustler, or a Sl4sh to a St4mpede, or an ERBE to a Summit).
from Melbourne, Australia (where Winter is Summer, and we use the metric system)

Bored? Check out and follow my Instagram feed @mycousinscrogg
Really bored? lsear2905's Garage in the General RC section
Want even more? Check out my flickr page at flickr.com/lsear
"I-/"
JesterTheJoker - 12.13.16, 5:04 am Post #12: | Reply With Quote
The new E-Revo brusheless system in a slash 4X4, the "Traxxas" (made by castle) motor is bigger than the old ERBE motor and it still fits perfectly, its a little close, but it works.
True creativity has an element of madness, its what makes it un-predictable
-Aspiring Psychologist, Actor, and Backyard Mechanic-
"Experienced user"
icecold - 12.13.16, 6:13 am Post #13: | Reply With Quote
JesterTheJoker said
The new E-Revo brusheless system in a slash 4X4, the "Traxxas" (made by castle) motor is bigger than the old ERBE motor and it still fits perfectly, its a little close, but it works.

This also goes along with the Traxxas branding

Traxxas the Fastest name in radio control.

It's right there on their main page. I am more convinced than ever this is happening. And I just thought if it yesterday. Traxxas if your listening the idea is free just send me a free 4s Slash.

If and when they do it. They have the Fastest production 1/5 Scale Monster Truck
And the Fastest 1/10 Scale Short Course Truck.

If they add 17mm hex to the wheels we can make it a Monster Truck with a Body Swap and new Tires.
"I-/"
JesterTheJoker - 12.13.16, 2:44 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
Id love to see traxxas make the slash 4x4 1/8th scale power ready, it'd make the speed runners lives so much easier, and for me id just like to have a stupid over powered 1/8th scale buggy that weighs ~2LBS less than what its up against
True creativity has an element of madness, its what makes it un-predictable
-Aspiring Psychologist, Actor, and Backyard Mechanic-