Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
MaX-D - 1.24.17, 8:24 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
So I figured I would try one of these cheap RC Gear Shop 3900kv motors from Tower hobbies. In a word, AWESOME ! Installed the motor and took it for a spin up and down the street. This truck HAULS with 86/23 gearing. I'm using a Hobbywing WP SC8 ESC. I had a Dynamite Tazer 3300kv (86/23)in there before. I needed the Taser for a different vehicle. It actually worked great in the Slash, but the 3900kv is better. It's got more torque and has much more top end.

If anyone is looking for a Great brushless, sensorless motor for their slash. I would highly recommend this motor. Just so you know I was running WOT up and down my street and thru short grass and dirt for a 6500mah SMC battery pack and I could put my hand on the motor. It was just warm, and I was running it at 70 degree ambient outside temp.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXETXT&P=7
(Last edited by MaX-D : 1.27.17 at 4:42 am)
Maximum Destruction
VIKINGS fan
GO BIG or GO HOME!!!
"Suka Blyat"
alexulan - 2.01.17, 8:39 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
This would be a good spare for sure. To bad they make the motor wires so short.
hate soldering
"Experienced user"
MaX-D - 2.01.17, 8:44 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
I agree, They are short. Fortunately my hobbywing ESC wires are a little longer to make up the difference. I suck at soldering so I have a friend of mine who works at my LHS do my soldering for me. He's a pro and does it super quick. I should practice to get better at it though. I really don't like to rely on others
Maximum Destruction
VIKINGS fan
GO BIG or GO HOME!!!
"Suka Blyat"
alexulan - 2.01.17, 9:26 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
at $10 I guess this might be worth the hassle of not using the iron.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...150mm&_sacat=0
"Experienced user"
thegrafxguy - 2.01.17, 10:03 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Learn to solder. It's a requirement if you're going to stay in the hobby. Not only will it save you money doing it yourself, you won't have to wait for a shop to do it or shipping for some extra-resistance-adding adapter.

Also, absolutely love my rc Gearshop motor as well. I've got the 2150kv one for my 8th buggy and the thing runs great. Powerful and fast, runs cool.
RC8.2e Factory Team - RC Gear Shop 2150kv, HW XERun SCT Pro, Savox 1260 Servo

Sakura D4 AWD - Tacon 3930kv, HW EZRun 60a, Blue Bird Servo

Spektrum DX4S
"Experienced user"
MaX-D - 2.01.17, 10:06 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
I agree. I know how to solder, I just suck at it. Maybe if I had a better iron it would be easier. Any recommendations?
Maximum Destruction
VIKINGS fan
GO BIG or GO HOME!!!
"Experienced user"
shreddinspurs - 2.01.17, 10:17 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...FR6ewAod1S0AyQ
Is the soldering iron I use/learned on. I really like it, get a chisel tip though, it will help alot.
"Experienced user"
MaX-D - 2.01.17, 10:20 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Thanks. I guess it's time to Pony up and get a real soldering iron. The iron that I have now has a pointed tip. Honestly, it sucks. It's a $20 Radio Shack special
Maximum Destruction
VIKINGS fan
GO BIG or GO HOME!!!
"Experienced user"
MBailey1977 - 2.01.17, 11:49 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Thanks for the post. I've looked at that motor several times on the site. Good to know it works so well. what size are the connectors?
Outcast, DMT VE-R, Bushmaster, Talion, Yeti kit, 801xt brushless, Terremoto 8 and 10, 835e, Exo Terra, Slash 4x4 monster truck, Slash 2wd lcg, SC10B, SC10 4x4, Stampede 4x4, Savage XS, Slash lcg 4x4, MERV, Ultima DB, Rustler, Vendetta SC, Mini Trophy Truck, Prolite, Drift King, mini DT
"Experienced user"
MaX-D - 2.01.17, 12:15 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
The connectors are 4mm
Maximum Destruction
VIKINGS fan
GO BIG or GO HOME!!!