Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 2.01.17, 6:58 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Or as me and the gf came to call it, the oopsie build.

It was built as fast as possible so it has mistakes a plenty. I don't care much for perfection as its going to get bashed hard anyways.

Specs:
ESC - HW SC8 wp 120a
Motor- HW 2700kv 4068 4 pole
Servo- Solar D771

Blew the shaft side bearing on that motor if anyone knows where to buy a replacement please let me know

Here's what it's replacing, this very tired, very cracked old Subaru inspired rally body

Supplys, not all but most

(Last edited by riderinblack : 2.02.17 at 12:49 pm)
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 2.01.17, 7:00 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
On to it, layers start going on, good old electric tape and frog tape

(Last edited by riderinblack : 2.01.17 at 8:45 pm)
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 2.01.17, 7:02 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Extra bits get made

"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 2.01.17, 7:06 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Other details go on

"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 2.01.17, 7:08 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Led harness, still don't know what I'm going to do to the rear so left that open for now

Front leds work great, they give me more than enough usable light to bash at night

(Last edited by riderinblack : 2.01.17 at 9:23 pm)
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 2.01.17, 7:10 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Here it is so far, not done yet but it's almost there.

Still need grill mesh, rear mesh, rear leds+ buckets and suspension work.

"Takin' the E to the Maxx"
cobycobie - 2.01.17, 8:32 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
You have amazing body skills. I really like the mesh you put on them. However, I can't help but notice that you took a 4wd-based Bowler Nemesis inspired body, turned it into a 2wd Peugeot inspired body, and then put it on a 4wd chassis
:-P

Still have the Chevy trophy truck? That thing was sweet.
If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0.
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 2.01.17, 8:40 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
cobycobie said
You have amazing body skills. I really like the mesh you put on them. However, I can't help but notice that you took a 4wd-based Bowler Nemesis inspired body, turned it into a 2wd Peugeot inspired body, and then put it on a 4wd chassis
:-P

Still have the Chevy trophy truck? That thing was sweet.
Thanks man

LOL I had no idea that body was based on a bowler!

Guess I stayed true to the body but not the rest hu

To be honest I didn't even know bowlers existed, had to look them up and man they are awesome, Def gives me ideas.

Yeah I still have the Trophy truck, ran it a couple times then made the dakarburu and stopped using it, probably has 3 packs through it so I'm probably going to get rid of it.
(Last edited by riderinblack : 2.01.17 at 9:10 pm)
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 2.02.17, 9:20 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Installed front and rear sway bars but suspect I did something wrong. They don't seam very effective at lifting the opposite tire when one side is compressed. I've never owned sway bars.

(Last edited by riderinblack : 2.02.17 at 9:27 am)
"Regular user"
SlashMaxx4x4 - 2.02.17, 9:30 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
Love that body! That thing looks awesome.
"Gone Racing"