Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Squeegie - 2.02.17, 11:57 am Post #11: | Reply With Quote
The swaybars wont really lift the other side if holding it in the air, but it should do it's job when running. Maybe if you flip it over and try it?

Also note that the screws on the "flat" part of the sway bars are NOT supposed to be tightened all the way down. The bar has to be able to move to do it's job.

Good luck

Your rally looks great!
TRAXXAS: Slash 4x4 Platinum, Mini E-Revo VXL, E-Maxx 3906 Wide Max
TAMIYA: Porsche 956 RM. Mk. 5, Vanessa's Lunch Box (OG), Sand Scorcher (OG)
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 2.02.17, 6:21 pm Post #12: | Reply With Quote
Just checked them and they seam to be installed properly, I guess we will wait and see if I can see a difference when I run it.

The most simple and light weight (temporary/prototype) solution I could come up with to reduce body wobble and shake. The rear extended body posts are like flags in the wind.

Not sure if I want to cross the body post tethers, I don't want to eliminate its side to side flex.
(Last edited by riderinblack : 2.02.17 at 6:41 pm)
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 2.03.17, 10:17 am Post #13: | Reply With Quote
Last minute scale touch, painted the difference housing

"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 2.04.17, 11:00 am Post #14: | Reply With Quote
Gf detailed the trailer, it been beat pretty bad while we were drag racing while towing it and hauling firewood back to the camp site.

And rebuilt all the shocks, to my dismay my front shocks (xd 103s) are shot. And the PL need new springs

"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 2.07.17, 10:21 pm Post #15: | Reply With Quote
Busy days make for really slow progress so it felt good to atleast get the front grill mounted. Lesson learned from the last Dakar body, use thicker mesh. The last one was made from strainer mesh, light weight and easy to work with but when the truck I front of you is kicking up penny size rocks at 40mph it doesn't hold up for long.
This time I went with one of those mesh organizers, thicker but heavier, should hold up to the abuse a bit longer.

"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 2.10.17, 9:23 am Post #16: | Reply With Quote
Anyone know if the motor plate fits the lcg 4x4?

https://www.google.com/search?ei=dva...lKVbft-XDlBeM:
"Experienced user"
Squeegie - 2.10.17, 10:38 am Post #17: | Reply With Quote
No. The HR motor plate with the heat sinks is made for the HCG:

They have a motor plate for the LCG, but it doesn't have heat sinks.
it is still designed to act as a heat sink though...

http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...=LCF1801;c=805
TRAXXAS: Slash 4x4 Platinum, Mini E-Revo VXL, E-Maxx 3906 Wide Max
TAMIYA: Porsche 956 RM. Mk. 5, Vanessa's Lunch Box (OG), Sand Scorcher (OG)
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 2.10.17, 10:49 am Post #18: | Reply With Quote
I've never seen the pictures side by side, looks to me like it's the same design just flipped. Any reason the 1st one won't fit mounted facing backwards?

BTW thank you very much for that side by side
(Last edited by riderinblack : 2.10.17 at 10:55 am)
"Experienced user"
BobT - 2.10.17, 10:49 am Post #19: | Reply With Quote
You can find any size bearing (inch or metric) at Boca Bearings dot com. Just measure your bearings inner circle size, outer circle size and the width or depth of the bearing to find the right one. There are different qualities of bearings offered. Yours should be no more than $20 if large or$10 or less if more standard size for a bearing that is good enough for RC.

By the way I love your project it is awsome.

I used a Hot Racing motor mount on my 2wd Slash and it worked great at cooling the motor. Mine had the round heat syncs. IMHO they look as cool as they work.
(Last edited by BobT : 2.10.17 at 10:55 am)
Bob T
Support your local hobby shop.
THE USER'S MANUAL IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF YOUR VEHICLE, DONT'T LOOSE IT!
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 2.10.17, 11:07 am Post #20: | Reply With Quote
@BobT thanks, I have the same trany on my 2wd and it is awesome, they definitely help cooling the motor a bit which is exactly why I want to get them for my 4x4.

The set up I use gives me no heat problems but I always try to stay on the safe side and keep things as cool as possible. Specially with summer fast approaching.

One of my bash spots in the desert sees ground Temps as high as 130 mid summer. Which translates to the electronics getting hot just sitting there with the truck off. Any bit of advantage in keeping things cooler I'm gonna try.

If this heatsink works that would be awesome, coupled with a 40mm heatsink (recommendations welcomed) and fan on the motor plus maybe an aluminum motor mount (since the motor/motor plate make direct contact with it I'm guessing it will wick heat away) should keep my motor well below 120 all day