Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Sazzlefrats - 2.13.17, 1:45 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I'm asking because 1. I was told that it was a LCG chassis and then 2. I was told that it doesn't look like a LCG.

The other reason I'm asking is I want to put on nerf bars (on the sides). From what I can see each side has provisions for 4 screws (aka... 4 holes on each side) to mount a nerf bar.

Wasn't sure if the LCG and the regular chassis use the same nerf bar or not.

And... why do I not know what I have... I bought a vxl slash used. The first owner used it for speed runs, there is where the lcg chassis supposedly was swapped in, the 2nd owner undid most of the mods like 17mm wheel conversion, but added things like aluminum hubs, knuckles and rear rpm arms and hub carriers. Oh and this sweet roll cage. I'm planning to abuse this thing, but I want the nerf bars in place so I reduce the likely hood of ripping the rear wheels off.
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 2.13.17, 2:07 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - 2.13.17, 4:53 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Pictures would help us help you.
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
"Experienced user"
Mxmumpwr - 2.13.17, 9:34 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
I focus on the location of the servo to determine which is what. It's the easiest IMO to quickly spot and differentiate. As indicated in the pics, the HCG servo mounts vertical and faces down. The LCG servo mounts horizontal/flat and faces forward.
I'll say this about the HCG (which is what I built for my son), although I can roll it on high traction surfaces, it takes a bit of effort to do so, despite having a steel roll cage. I can only imagine how stable the LCG is!!
Slash 4x4 - HCG
Kraton - Basher (4s)
Raider Mega ('14) - strong chassis/weak electronics
Dromida Ominus - consistent and dependable.
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 2.13.17, 10:06 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
What Billy Kelly posted. Is the underside flat? If so, it's LCG.

It's funny, the HCG chassis for the RWD Slash is awful, but the chassis for the 4Pede (effectively the same as the HCG chassis for the Slash 4x4) is surprisingly stable.
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Experienced user"
Sazzlefrats - 2.14.17, 10:58 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
I'm still getting used to my andriod phone. I'm missing the crop controls, so... I can't get the image down to a 1700 x 1700 from its current 4300 x whatever.

Anyhow. It looks like a LCG. the servo is laying on its side, and the underside looks flat to me.

I'm also noticing from the pictures that the upper pic has spacers in the shocks to raise the body height, and the low pic has the adjusters all the way down (kinda sneaky and doesn't help). Cause.... my prolines are currently adjusted like the top pic, giving me a height somewhere in the middle of the two pics!!.

But the only nerf bars that would fit are the ones on the lower pic, so that helps.

FOLKS I got LCG :-)
Thanks everyone.
"Experienced User"
guys2nv - 2.14.17, 12:08 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Sazzlefrats said
I'm also noticing from the pictures that the upper pic has spacers in the shocks to raise the body height, and the low pic has the adjusters all the way down (kinda sneaky and doesn't help). Cause.... my prolines are currently adjusted like the top pic, giving me a height somewhere in the middle of the two pics!!.
The top pic (HCG chassis) has the old ultra shocks that originally came with the Slash 4x4, the spacers add preload to raise the ride height and not the body height. Remove the spacers to lower the ride height.

The LCG chassis comes with newer GTR shocks and you raise or lower the ride height by turning the adjusters up or down instead of using clip on spacers like the old ultra shocks use.
| Cen Colossus GST-E |
| Stampede 4x4 | Stampede |
| Shelfers - Lunchbox & Blackfoot |
| Futaba 4PLS |
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - 2.14.17, 1:09 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Sazzlefrats said
I'm still getting used to my andriod phone. I'm missing the crop controls, so... I can't get the image down to a 1700 x 1700 from its current 4300 x whatever.

Anyhow. It looks like a LCG. the servo is laying on its side, and the underside looks flat to me.

But the only nerf bars that would fit are the ones on the lower pic, so that helps.

FOLKS I got LCG :-)
Thanks everyone.
Upload your pictures to photobucket then copy the direct link and post the pics that way, it is always easier to do that trying to attach the pictures.
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
"Professional Amateur"
Sneetches - 2.14.17, 2:04 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
The bulkheads are also completely different for the LCG, they're flat whereas the HCG has them raise up to meet the chassis.

LCG front:

HCG front
(Last edited by Sneetches : 2.14.17 at 2:10 pm)
Youtube: MegaSneetch - RC videos whenever I can make them!
"Experienced user"
Squeegie - 2.16.17, 9:18 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
BOTTOM VIEW

HCG:

LCG:
TRAXXAS: Slash 4x4 Platinum, Mini E-Revo VXL, E-Maxx 3906 Wide Max
TAMIYA: Porsche 956 RM. Mk. 5, Vanessa's Lunch Box (OG), Sand Scorcher (OG)