Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Regular user"
theishkid - 2.24.17, 10:37 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Hey guys... I logged in four days ago and still haven't had anything approved. What's the deal? Why does it take so long? How am I supposed to converse with people here?
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 2.27.17, 4:48 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
theishkid said
Hey guys... I logged in four days ago and still haven't had anything approved. What's the deal? Why does it take so long? How am I supposed to converse with people here?
There is one moderator, and he approves all new posts until you make a certain number. Anything outside of The Lounge counts towards your post count
"My garden is life itself, in the sense that every aspect of it should be taken care of and tended to as you would a rose, trimming off dead leaves and excess, being left with raw beauty, and perfection in my own mind. " - Jester
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 2.27.17, 5:15 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
It's showing now. Seems to be 5-7 days for approval. I've posted few times that we need a way to let new members know this.

So welcome.
"Vacationing user"
agusorgen - 2.27.17, 7:10 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Actually the system (jang) told me that, it said that i needed to keep posting and then i would become free to talk.
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 2.27.17, 7:16 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
agusorgen said
Actually the system (jang) told me that, it said that i needed to keep posting and then i would become free to talk.
Ok. So maybe it's just when a new person try's to start a thread right away. Instead of just posting in current threads. Now that I think about it. I believe those threads I've referred to, the new member might have made only single post.
"Regular user"
Cymen - 3.29.17, 6:48 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Hrm.. I'm new so this might not show up but I have that message and I've posted in both existing threads and created a new thread.
"Regular user"
Cymen - 4.02.17, 5:46 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
As a new person, you can post threads and post replies. They just don't show up until an admin approves your account or at least approves those messages. I suspect what the OP was meaning was it seems like there is a big lag between posting and getting approved. I'm seeing that right now -- maybe nobody cares about this forum growing now that Jang is focused on other things but it definitely is slow getting started here. I started posting a couple weeks ago and none of my content has been approved yet. In that time, I've gone out and bought a used Associated SC10.2 roller from a local shop, put a brushless system from eBay into a Feiyue FY-03, bashed the FY-03. Bashed the Tamiya Lunchbox I put together. Spent time learning the Radiolink RC3S radios I purchased due to a thread here. And so forth...

Being an admin/moderator is a thankless task but it seems like the pool should be expanded if the goal is to prevent a stagnant community!