Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Theibault - 2.07.17, 4:51 pm Post #51: | Reply With Quote
Scraggle or ghost branches caught me every pack! At least I still got to fly and have fun.

(watch this on YouTube for more options)

Check out my YouTube channel and please subcribe!
youtube.com/user/theibault
"Experienced user"
Theibault - 2.15.17, 8:02 pm Post #52: | Reply With Quote
My friend and I swapped quads to see what the others flies like.

"Experienced user"
stewdogg - 2.16.17, 7:11 am Post #53: | Reply With Quote
Great video Theibault!

Did you start out flying the racing quads right away or did you start with smaller indoor quads? Also, did you start out with FPV or LOS?

I have had a Nano QX for a few years and just recently (thanks to you) have been trying to fly in acro mode. It's tough and hasn't clicked with me, yet. It's only been a couple days and I'm getting better, but the use of both sticks is still throwing me off. I know I just need more time on the sticks, but it's helpful for me to talk about it as well.
I am also using the simulator when I can and that seems to throw me off more than the real deal.

I'm waiting for the Wizard to come back in stock and going to pick up a pair of the Eachine VR D2 goggles to go with it... also thanks to you.
Arrma Kraton - Arrma Senton
Nitro Circus SCT - Nitro Circus MT - Nitro Circus MMT
1/10 4x4 Ruckus retired - 1/24 4x4 Ruckus semi retired - Carisma GT24B - M.Rage - Tekno MT410
"Experienced user"
Theibault - 2.16.17, 10:50 am Post #54: | Reply With Quote
I learned LOS years ago before FPV was a thing. When I decided last Sept to try FPV, I started with an Inductrix FPV and then got my Alien. It takes practice on the sticks. Keep at it and one day it'll click. The Wizard is an awesome quad to start with. Feel free to post pics and vids here when you get going.
"Experienced user"
Theibault - 3.08.17, 8:32 pm Post #55: | Reply With Quote
Had a blast at the park today.

"Experienced user"
Theibault - 3.19.17, 8:10 pm Post #56: | Reply With Quote
Vlog 4 Hope you enjoy!

"RCP Me!!"
RCer4life - 3.20.17, 5:45 am Post #57: | Reply With Quote
Theibault said
Vlog 4 Hope you enjoy!
Awesome vid!
Aurora RC
Kyosho
Goodrich RC Club
"Experienced user"
Theibault - 3.20.17, 7:00 am Post #58: | Reply With Quote
RCer4life said
Awesome vid!
Thanks so much!
"Experienced user"
stewdogg - 3.20.17, 9:54 pm Post #59: | Reply With Quote
I got my Eachine VR D2 goggles delivered today and I finally got to take the E010s for the first couple FPV runs. The E010s has a very short run time (1-2min) on the 150 mAh battery. It was very fun and weird. It takes a little getting used to with perspective and moving the sticks. I can see where it will take some time behind the sticks and screen to get used to this type of flying.

I had the issue I knew I was going to have, which is the stinking glasses I need to see. I can kinda see with the adjustable lens that came with the goggles and no glasses, but not great. I have an old pair of glasses that I took the arms off and put them in the goggles. They fit incredibly well sandwiched between the frame of the goggles.

I tried the glasses without the adjustable lens and with only the glasses it was terrible. With the glasses and the adjustable lens it is OK. With both the glasses and the lens it is the best, but not as good as I think it can get. I noticed when taking them off the last time that the glasses I put in were pretty greasy and need a good cleaning, but I don't think it is the best solution just yet. I will clean the glasses and try again tomorrow because I'm gonna fly some more no matter what.

I'm going to have to do a bit more searching on what I can do to make the FPV goggles work with my crap astigmatism.
Arrma Kraton - Arrma Senton
Nitro Circus SCT - Nitro Circus MT - Nitro Circus MMT
1/10 4x4 Ruckus retired - 1/24 4x4 Ruckus semi retired - Carisma GT24B - M.Rage - Tekno MT410
"Experienced user"
Theibault - 3.20.17, 9:59 pm Post #60: | Reply With Quote
stewdogg said
I got my Eachine VR D2 goggles delivered today and I finally got to take the E010s for the first couple FPV runs. The E010s has a very short run time (1-2min) on the 150 mAh battery. It was very fun and weird. It takes a little getting used to with perspective and moving the sticks. I can see where it will take some time behind the sticks and screen to get used to this type of flying.

I had the issue I knew I was going to have, which is the stinking glasses I need to see. I can kinda see with the adjustable lens that came with the goggles and no glasses, but not great. I have an old pair of glasses that I took the arms off and put them in the goggles. They fit incredibly well sandwiched between the frame of the goggles.

I tried the glasses without the adjustable lens and with only the glasses it was terrible. With the glasses and the adjustable lens it is OK. With both the glasses and the lens it is the best, but not as good as I think it can get. I noticed when taking them off the last time that the glasses I put in were pretty greasy and need a good cleaning, but I don't think it is the best solution just yet. I will clean the glasses and try again tomorrow because I'm gonna fly some more no matter what.

I'm going to have to do a bit more searching on what I can do to make the FPV goggles work with my crap astigmatism.
Good luck bud. I hope you find a solution that works. At least you can fly for the time being. Hope you are enjoying it! It does take some time but then one day, you just have a moment where it all clicks and it's nothing but pure joy from there on out. Keep me updated with your flying and if you find a solution, post it here in case anyone else is dealing with the same thing.