Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
St. George - 3.20.17, 1:35 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Looks like you can get a slider now for around $130. Does anyone have one of these? How is it?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGEHL&P=7
"Experienced user"
doctyler - 3.20.17, 2:46 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
i had one of them too St. George...actually two. one was stolen when i was deployed over seas and sold one about 1yr ago...I loved mine and miss them too. Not hard to get balanced for indoor use..Just slapping tires on them and taking them outside was a no go. They had a dr. jackle mr hyde attitude from outdoor indoor. But unlike my DS's they was way more race-able and tun-able. The sweet spot for me when i had them set up was set them up for about 40-45 and dial them back for tracks accordingly. Its a good platform to start. Parts not hard to get. Never had any major issues with them...none. Just depends what you trying to do with it...All cars have their tweaks you must work out.
Enough cars and trucks....I may have a problem.
"Experienced user"
St. George - 3.20.17, 4:35 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Thanks for the information. I think I'm going to get a DS soon but I also want a 190mm platform eventually. So, the Apex wasn't much good outdoors, even on a smooth parking lot? Can you expound on why yours weren't as good outside?
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 3.20.17, 4:36 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Had one since day it was released. Probably my most driven RC in past 3+ years.

https://youtu.be/aENpTcwvd-0
(Last edited by Billy Kelly : 3.20.17 at 4:39 pm)
"Experienced user"
cudacharger - 3.20.17, 4:51 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Super fun RC enjoying mine.

"Experienced user"
doctyler - 3.20.17, 4:58 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
both mine was just set up for indoor. They could run outdoors well and i have seen them do that..but i had my suspension completely set for indoor...completely..lol And i could have made them run outside..but because how i had dialed in, it would have took me almost 15mins per corner to get it right. It was just to tedious and time consuming for that. Plus i had a tc4 and ds that was my outdoor cars at the time. So it wasn't a biggy. Don't let that discourage you at all. You can definitely find a good medium on setup. Raced mine for a few years indoor.(back when i used to weekend race..hahaha). They was my favorite monsters. If i was racing still i would definately get another one or two..especially at that price. But i have more than i or my kids can drive at the moment. And there Billy Kelly still running his in beast mode. Figured there would be a lot more current drivers of that platform too chime in. Billy is definitely a very good one to get info from
"Experienced user"
St. George - 3.20.17, 5:18 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
I was thinking about getting another TT02 but I think you all have about sold me on the Apex. It's been a long time since I've used a Team Associated product but I've always liked their stuff.
"Experienced user"
doctyler - 3.20.17, 6:32 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
looking good cudacharger....looking good