Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
KristofferR - 3.20.17, 12:00 pm Post #10571: | Reply With Quote
I sold my red Summit VXL.

Serviced Stampede One and it had bent the couple of screws that hold the left front shock and shock protector. Good design, nothing "broken" just replace screws and be done.
Edgery on Soundcloud - New album Aug 22 "Endless Summer"
LaTrax Teton, 2x Traxxas 1/16 MERV, 1/16 Slash SC, 1/16 Summit VXL, p4de VXL
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 3.20.17, 12:22 pm Post #10572: | Reply With Quote
Kingy said
Fair enough, whatever works for you. I drove whenever I wanted to take a nitro out for a bash/race, if I had to head home to work on them I wouldn't be going back out again, especially if it were just something small like a bent hingepin or a cv pin for example.
I haven't had small parts fail like that since transitioning to larger RCs. I drive pretty tamely, I guess. When I have a breakage it's generally the result of losing control at high speed or running into an unseen obstacle, at which point enough damage is done that I wouldn't want to try to fix it without my entire toolkit available anyway.

Kingy said
The other reason is no engine I would spend my money on personally uses a pull or rotostart, so there is no other option than bump start. Plus I'd love to see someone try and pull start a tight nova or OS, haha.
Once those engines are broken-in, pullstarts work just as well on them as on any other engines. But yes, when they're brand-new pullstarts would be painful to use, and since those are race engines I wouldn't want the extra complexity of a pullstart if I were actually racing either. Though interestingly, I have an OS .15-LDX engine kicking around somewhere that's brand-new, and yet the pullstart is still fairly easy to pull.
(Last edited by fyrstormer : 3.20.17 at 12:26 pm)
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 3.20.17, 12:24 pm Post #10573: | Reply With Quote
KristofferR said
I sold my red Summit VXL.

Serviced Stampede One and it had bent the couple of screws that hold the left front shock and shock protector. Good design, nothing "broken" just replace screws and be done.
Why did you sell the Summit? It was your trademark vehicle for months.
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"ae fanboy"
Kingy - 3.20.17, 12:53 pm Post #10574: | Reply With Quote
fyrstormer said
I haven't had small parts fail like that since transitioning to larger RCs. I drive pretty tamely, I guess. When I have a breakage it's generally the result of losing control at high speed or running into an unseen obstacle, at which point enough damage is done that I wouldn't want to try to fix it without my entire toolkit available anyway.

Once those engines are broken-in, pullstarts work just as well on them as on any other engines. But yes, when they're brand-new pullstarts would be painful to use, and since those are race engines I wouldn't want the extra complexity of a pullstart if I were actually racing either. Though interestingly, I have an OS .15-LDX engine kicking around somewhere that's brand-new, and yet the pullstart is still fairly easy to pull.

When I bash my vehicles, I bash hard. Hence why I also don't mind spending the money on them to make them reliable.

I've never used that engine, only an os21 which when cold is basically siezed. An engine heater really helps. Even the Hpi h4.6 I used in my basher hyper7 was a prick to start when cold when it had a rotostart. Bump box made life so much easier, and it was just a sloppy basher engine.
Associated [RC10B5M - RC10T4.1 FT - RC10B4.1 WORLD'S - RC10B44.2 - RC8T CE-E - RC8BE]
Durango [DESC210R] Ofna [NEXX10SC] Serpent [S411] RC4WD [Bully - Bully2]
Gmade [Sawback] Axial [Scx10 - Wraith - Yeti] Eagle Racing [TT-01 V.3] MST [FXX-D]
"Experienced user"
KristofferR - 3.20.17, 1:29 pm Post #10575: | Reply With Quote
fyrstormer said
Why did you sell the Summit? It was your trademark vehicle for months.
I know, right! My favourite too. But my daughter drove the Summit all the time and I drove the MERV and grew to like that more and more. Then the Stampede was finished and it became two ... and I promised my wife that I would sell some cars to fund it. After discussing with the kids, they said the Summit and Slash could go. But I wasn't sure until yesterday after the bash and trail run on our favourite spot where the Stampedes delivered above expectations.

Also, the big Summit is sort of a goal to own.

MERV...

https://youtu.be/8baEJcXZRo8

The sequence at 1.52 shows the dynamics and 3:30-ish the "capability".
Edgery on Soundcloud - New album Aug 22 "Endless Summer"
LaTrax Teton, 2x Traxxas 1/16 MERV, 1/16 Slash SC, 1/16 Summit VXL, p4de VXL
"going back to the 90's"
SuburbnHooligan - 3.20.17, 6:41 pm Post #10576: | Reply With Quote
i did this.

(watch this on YouTube for more options)

(watch this on YouTube for more options)

just because it's a bad idea doesn't mean it wont be a good time.
i used to crash a lot. i still do, but i used to, too
"Regular user"
agusorgen - 3.20.17, 6:48 pm Post #10577: | Reply With Quote
Noice.
I like turtles.
"I have the BEST words!"
lsear2905 - 3.20.17, 7:16 pm Post #10578: | Reply With Quote
For some reason I just remembered why all my cars are electric
from Melbourne, Australia (where Winter is Summer, and we use the metric system)

Bored? Check out and follow my Instagram feed @mycousinscrogg
Really bored? lsear2905's Garage in the General RC section
Want even more? Check out my flickr page at flickr.com/lsear
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 3.20.17, 7:27 pm Post #10579: | Reply With Quote
Overnight rain kept me indoors with Dromida Rally this morning. Replaced broken wing mount on Outcast after work. Took Apex out for night run.
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - 3.20.17, 8:47 pm Post #10580: | Reply With Quote
Took the Ruckus out for a bash session and clotheslined it into a fence post, I for sure thought I would clear it. Broke a Traxxas rear turnbuckle on one side broke the rod end on the turnbuckle on the other side, broke a rod end on one of the shocks and blew a bearing in the rear axle carrier.
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10