Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Sierravmax - 4.14.13, 5:56 pm Post #151: | Reply With Quote
Well I guess I am going to buy some Sweep slicks. I never had a problem with their wheels and also I also like that the wheels are available in black.
Traxxas - XO1 GT8 XL2, 2200kv, Hitec 985mg + Rally 2400kv + Slash 4x4 + Slayer Pro
Losi - SCTE Bump, Hitec 985mg, Tekin Rx8, Tenshock sc411 4600kv + 8 Te 7955tg,Tekin Rx8 2000kv
Associated - RC8.2eFT Hitec 7955tg, Tekin Rx8 2050kv + T4.1FT Hitec 965mg, MMP 3900kv
Ofna - DM1 E MMM 2200kv
"Experienced user"
Sierravmax - 4.14.13, 6:19 pm Post #152: | Reply With Quote
Hmmm, I think I will just stick with the Sweeps then. I want to try out some slicks. I was running the exp 50's treaded today and I was getting traction hopping when hitting the brakes. Do you guys think I should go with 45's or 50's?
Traxxas - XO1 GT8 XL2, 2200kv, Hitec 985mg + Rally 2400kv + Slash 4x4 + Slayer Pro
Losi - SCTE Bump, Hitec 985mg, Tekin Rx8, Tenshock sc411 4600kv + 8 Te 7955tg,Tekin Rx8 2000kv
Associated - RC8.2eFT Hitec 7955tg, Tekin Rx8 2050kv + T4.1FT Hitec 965mg, MMP 3900kv
Ofna - DM1 E MMM 2200kv
"Experienced user"
FLoJo - 4.14.13, 6:23 pm Post #153: | Reply With Quote
I would try the grps if you racing on track the b soft , as stated above for 44$ a set cant go wrong .
You can check out suprasales on ebay also , $30 a set treaded tires and rims look pretty cool . dunno how good the tires are but for price not bad for practice . tires will become you biggest expense racing on the track .
"Experienced user"
Sierravmax - 4.14.13, 6:40 pm Post #154: | Reply With Quote
FLoJo said
I would try the grps if you racing on track the b soft , as stated above for 44$ a set cant go wrong .
You can check out suprasales on ebay also , $30 a set treaded tires and rims look pretty cool . dunno how good the tires are but for price not bad for practice . tires will become you biggest expense racing on the track .
I have the suprasales treaded. Haven't tried them out yet. They are really tall in diameter compared to the Sweeps and Pmt's. They don't seem like they have much support in the middle of the tires. I also have a set of the Kyosho stock rtr tires that I tried at first, but I didn't care for them.
Ofna - DM1 E MMM 2200kv
"Experienced user"
FLoJo - 4.14.13, 6:59 pm Post #155: | Reply With Quote
yea the kyosho stock tires are like drift tires lol . I have a set of team c racing treaded also on ofna wheels , cant find the treaded tires no more but they have the tall tread also and on my 1/8 bodies they bigger then wheel well. but try them grp's you will like them on the track . then again you might like the slicks better . who knows
"Experienced user"
Sierravmax - 4.14.13, 7:37 pm Post #156: | Reply With Quote
Well you have convinced me. Just ordered a set of Grp B series to try out.
Ofna - DM1 E MMM 2200kv
"Experienced user"
ducatiti - 4.14.13, 7:45 pm Post #157: | Reply With Quote
Sierravmax said
Well you have convinced me. Just ordered a set of Grp B series to try out.
For California weather, would GRP B series work well @ Norcal Hobbies' track?
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 4.15.13, 4:44 am Post #158: | Reply With Quote
stregone said
Ipanama tires are similar to sweeps, but their wheels are rather weak. A buddy of mine was trying them out a week or two ago, got tagged kinda hard in the left rear and the wheel shattered.
^this

is the main reason why I stay away from those wheels, I have heard they are great tires and will give some of the fastest lap times, but it just isn't worth the frustration if you can't finish a race with a little rubbing.

My Sweep EXP50's tires are sold individually and they lasted nearly 6 months of racing on my stock OFNA wheels which are comparable to the ROK series wheels.

Sweep tires are pretty much the standard tire of choice at my local track.
Club Racer: SCT + eBuggy + GT8e + GT18e + USGT + VTA + M12
Basher:
Monster Trucks + Crawlers + Drifters + Motorcycles

"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 1.27.14, 7:23 am Post #159: | Reply With Quote
I just placed an order for some VP-Pro USA tires... apparently they are the new Spec Tire for iGT8-F:
http://www.vpprousa.com/rc-wheels-tires/gt

I went ahead and bought the combo pack to try out... the price is almost 1/3 the cost of a set of mounted Sweeps... fingers crossed they perform comparable too!
Basher:

"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 2.27.14, 8:06 am Post #160: | Reply With Quote
I finally tested the VP-Pro tires this past weekend which came in 40 and 45 shore ratings... I think I prefer the 50 shore sweeps a little better, but the 45 VP-Pro's weren't bad, the 40's were just too soft for me, I might save them for colder weather which is rare in my region.

I spent a little more time tuning my DM1 last night too... I decided to swap out the 10K rear diff with 1K... I think my driving style will like this better to help prevent my rear from sliding out of a corner on power.

I also bought this setup station here, but was very disappointed that it didn't come with the plexiglass toe guage nor does the camber readings provide any consistent measure.

I put in a request with Integy to send me the missing plexiglass or send me an RMA so I can return it for a store credit. If I do get a credit, then I plan to stay away from the SPECS brand of setup tools in the future:
http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...3#.Uw9vToVBnKE
Basher: