Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
RC Flea Market forum rules -- MANDATORY:
(If you don't follow the rules below in full, YOUR POST WILL BE DELETED without warning)
  1. ALWAYS start your "for sale" post title (subject line) with "FS:" and start "wanted" listing titles with "Wanted:"
  2. You may only buy if you have been a member for 3+ months, sell after 6 months, no exceptions (learn why).
  3. Include clear, current photos of any item worth $50+ USD. No "email me for pics," no "pics later," no photos from the web, no exceptions.
  4. List only items that you personally own. Friends & family must use their own accounts. No commercial listings.
  5. Sellers, do not request PayPal "gifting" or any extra fee for PayPal payments. Wrap any desired fees into your item prices.
  6. You may "bump" a thread only if it falls off the first page of topics.
  7. If you aren't seriously interested in a purchase, don't reply to an ad unless you strongly suspect fraud.
  8. When your item sells, edit your thread's title to "Sold," but don't delete the original post.
Warning: Trading (item for item) is extremely risky and fraud-prone, and thus very strongly discouraged. Individuals in small towns can acquire a proof of shipment receipt from a "friendly" US Postal Service employee while an item is actually on hold at the postal station, thus trades can only be based on blind trust.
"Experienced user"
thegrafxguy - 3.22.17, 12:53 pm Post #91: | Reply With Quote
Gotcha. It looks good other than that though, overall I like the design. I wouldn't have guessed that the font was hand drawn. I'd have cheated and painted over a picture and then just done the font digitally. That's 2 decades of tight deadlines talking though, lol. Hopefully I'd take more time on a personal project.

I wonder if they would let you put a smaller, word only version on the front upper chest on one side and then the big full logo on the back. Cost would go up I'm sure though.

I've never used blender, though I've heard good things about it. My favorite for modeling is 3ds Max, animating and rigging is XSI. Though currently I'm stuck in Maya for both at this studio and probably will be for good.
RC8.2e Factory Team - RC Gear Shop 2150kv, HW XERun SCT Pro, Savox 1260 Servo

Sakura D4 AWD - Tacon 3930kv, HW EZRun 60a, Blue Bird Servo

Spektrum DX4S
"Experienced user"
thorwil - 3.22.17, 2:07 pm Post #92: | Reply With Quote
thegrafxguy: I would have painted over a picture, but couldn't find one with satisfying proportions and orientation. Doing a blocks and cylinders 3D mockup allowed me to tweak the orientation as part of the layout.

It's either back OR front and one image for all products with one optional specific image per product.

I only got like an hour or 2 with each of 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage, Houdini. A bit longer with Rhino and then several months with Solidworks plus a few projects with Blender. One can tell that Blender is designed for prolonged high-intensity use, not for one-off jobs
(Last edited by thorwil : 3.22.17 at 2:10 pm)
"Experienced user"
thegrafxguy - 3.22.17, 2:35 pm Post #93: | Reply With Quote
I forgot I've used rhino. For years actually. I liked nurbs a lot. You're layout method was perfect, the truck looks legit as hell. Good to know about the printing
RC8.2e Factory Team - RC Gear Shop 2150kv, HW XERun SCT Pro, Savox 1260 Servo

Sakura D4 AWD - Tacon 3930kv, HW EZRun 60a, Blue Bird Servo

Spektrum DX4S
"Experienced user"
thorwil - 3.23.17, 1:29 am Post #94: | Reply With Quote
"legit as hell" -> thanks!
"Experienced user"
nickandluke - Today, 7:22 am Post #95: | Reply With Quote
[IMG][/IMG]

Not like im gonna stunt my nitro. But maybe now with a sticker >
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - Today, 10:02 am Post #96: | Reply With Quote
My tshirt and sticker showed up today.
(Last edited by slick2500 : Today at 10:30 am)
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
"Experienced user"
thorwil - Today, 12:05 pm Post #97: | Reply With Quote
nickandluke, slick2500: thanks for the photos! The sticker on the green hood got me worried a bit, until I realized how the surface bends . Seems the print on dark works very well, considering how they first have to lay down a layer of white. So what do you two say, how's the quality of the print and the material in person?
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - Today, 12:56 pm Post #98: | Reply With Quote
The shirt is actually really good. You can barely even feel the graphics on it.
My sticker came out really dark, I will get a closer picture of it but it is much darker than nicks, you can barely make out the windows on the truck.

And then there are the washing instructions. This made me lol
(Last edited by slick2500 : Today at 1:05 pm)
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
"Experienced user"
nickandluke - Today, 1:07 pm Post #99: | Reply With Quote
I guees i kind of would like it all blue instead of having white on the sticker.