Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Utrak - 4.15.17, 6:28 am Post #91: | Reply With Quote
Congrats on the PBR, sounds promising!

So I took my river jet for a punishing upstream bash in a very shallow creek:

Broke off one impeller blade, the other two are partially broken off as well. The thing sitting further down on the shaft is a brace/buffer for the stuffing tube. This also broke off.
So I need a new impeller, maybe a new entire jet pump housing if that brace really needs to be attached to the housing. Ouch.
"Experienced user"
Jay-Em - 4.15.17, 9:33 am Post #92: | Reply With Quote
Ay! Gnarly.

At least You killed it during some legit boating. I managed to do that while blipping the throttle with a 3s @ 2700kv. It hadn't even hit the water....

It looks like the prop comes as a loose part. Shouldn't be too expensive. I dunno about that stuffing thingy, though. If it's not really under heavy load, You could try to CA it back in place?
"Basically, they're still toys.."
"Experienced user"
Utrak - 4.15.17, 10:33 am Post #93: | Reply With Quote
Yes, wasn't really the boat's fault (beside having a flimsy plastic impeller) as there was rocks and acorns and stuff in there when I did the autopsy.

Yes the prop is no problem, the brace is part of the jet pump housing. Maybe I'll try and replace it with o-rings.
"Experienced user"
Utrak - 5.16.17, 2:25 am Post #94: | Reply With Quote
Meanwhile, river jet impellers have become the hen's teeth of the rc world. Can't find them ANYWHERE. Pro Boat themselves say stock is due mid june. None too happy here.
"Regular user"
Davidriverunner - 6.11.17, 5:01 am Post #95: | Reply With Quote
My new impeller arrived today from HH support. There is a spider bracket elimination mod. I also highly recommend the stuffing tube mod, and nozzle insert.
Here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...d-Tricks/page4

Good mods here is my jet at local play spot
://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vCdCbm2K8dU
"Regular user"
Davidriverunner - 6.11.17, 5:23 pm Post #96: | Reply With Quote
I replaced the spider bracket support, by. Adding 4x11x6 bearings in the strator to support the shaft.
"Experienced user"
Utrak - 6.18.17, 3:51 pm Post #97: | Reply With Quote
Impellers still backordered everywhere.
In the mean time, you can go to Horizon's own store page for this boat and enjoy the many scathing reviews from other "happy" owners (did you notice the epic sneer quotes). Haha!

Also Modelsport had a sale on the boat shortly after they first got it in stock, and now it's just gone from their site. They're not touching it again, seems like.
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 6.18.17, 4:33 pm Post #98: | Reply With Quote
Utrak said
Impellers still backordered everywhere.
In the mean time, you can go to Horizon's own store page for this boat and enjoy the many scathing reviews from other "happy" owners (did you notice the epic sneer quotes). Haha!

Also Modelsport had a sale on the boat shortly after they first got it in stock, and now it's just gone from their site. They're not touching it again, seems like.
Think only one reviewer was positive for it. And I was very close to giving this a shot. I really wonder how some of these problem, not just with this boat but overall in the hobby, don't get caught during testing.
"Experienced user"
Utrak - 6.19.17, 2:14 pm Post #99: | Reply With Quote
Billy Kelly said
I really wonder how some of these problem, not just
with this boat but overall in the hobby, don't get caught during testing.
I researched this on the interwebs and came to the following conclusion:

\_(ツ)_/
"Experienced user"
Utrak - 7.06.17, 2:12 am Post #100: | Reply With Quote
Impeller restock now pushed back to "early august".

I think I'll just stick a mast and a sail on this thing and call it a day.