Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"New user"
larryl9797 - 3.17.17, 7:48 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Hi, I am trying to decide if I should go AMP or RUKUS 2WD as my 'get back to RC' project

I was considering a RUKUS 2WD but i dont see that they have a BTD do they?
"New user"
ZHPlol - 7.11.17, 5:45 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
I bought the AMP Monster Truck kit and I love it. I did replace a few things almost straight out of the box (PowerHD 1501MG servo, RPM 73492 servo saver replacement, and the TBR Thrasher Front Bumper). I've run about 10 packs through it on the stock NiMH battery and had no issues. Solid truck and fun to build.
"Inexperienced User"
stevenator128 - 7.14.17, 8:50 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
The Amp gets my vote. I started with a Ruckus and I loved it but I now have a Circuit... Sort of. It started llife as a Boost but it's been changed up. The short wheelbase and lower center of gravity has proven more fun for my style of driving.

I think the Ruckus is only available RTR.
One can lose things and one can loosen things. "Loose" is very rarely a verb; it is an adjective, and it describes the grasp some have on this concept.
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - 7.14.17, 10:04 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
The only kit that Ecx has is the Amp MT.
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Team Associated Apex
Team Associated RC10B2
"Experienced user"
Jim85IROC - 7.17.17, 6:29 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
If you want to build a kit for the experience, then I think the Amp kit is a great idea, but since it's essentially the same price as the RTR, it's not a cost effective option.

Now, between the Ruckus and the Amp, it depends on how you want to use it. I use both, and for most things I prefer the Ruckus. It's bigger, with a lot more ground clearance, and that makes it more versatile. It can go almost anywhere, and definitely does better on rough terrain and in grass. It doesn't handle as well as the stadium truck chassis, but it still handles pretty well for a big wheeled RC. If most of your driving will be on pavement or smooth dirt driveways, then the Amp will probably do better. Another consideration is that the Ruckus comes with the much better Spectrum controller, where the Amp comes with a goofy looking no name controller. That said, the Amp controller works just fine.