Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Noel2 - 5.03.17, 8:27 am Post #11: | Reply With Quote
I never had any problems with my stock plastic diffs on my SST, even on 2s brushless. I would grease them up every 6-10 runs. Maybe you didn't grease it properly? Sadly I just sold my SST. It was a very fun little car but I like the 1/14-1/16 scale more, still small enough to fit in a backpack, but it much better equipped electronics, drivetrain, etc.. I think the SST definetely needs a few upgrades out of the box, unless you stay with a brushed power system. I can't speak on Teton body posts, but the SST ones were very durable, they stood up to lots of beatings. I did have a big problem with dogbones, I went through 5 of them. The trick to making them last is to land jumps off the throttle and try not to put too much torque through them. So if you're stuck, don't hammer the throttle, go pick the car up.
"Regular user"
steakman4 - 5.04.17, 12:36 pm Post #12: | Reply With Quote
lsear2905 said
I'd also suggest shimming the diffs, especially the rear one, although I'm looking forward to ordering the metal ones when they become available.
They are available right now from traxxas at https://traxxas.com/products/parts/7579X, but you have to pay $5 shipping. I just go mine yesterday.
"Experienced user"
Noel2 - 5.04.17, 12:54 pm Post #13: | Reply With Quote
steakman4 said
They are available right now from traxxas at https://traxxas.com/products/parts/7579X, but you have to pay $5 shipping. I just go mine yesterday.
wow, $8! that's pretty cheap, probably due to the fact that they're small. $21 in total w/shipping to get full metal diffs. Compared to the insane price of getting all metal RC18 diffs.