Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
nickandluke - 5.21.17, 2:16 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
Isnt there different types of 32p. Some are close to 32p pinion but are not exact. I kind of remember someone saying that around here. Are you using traxxas pinions?
"Experienced user"
SlashMaxx4x4 - 5.21.17, 2:24 pm Post #12: | Reply With Quote
To solve all spur issues, buy a Robinson Racing Gen 3 hardened slipper setup. Never had anther spur related problem after installing.
"Gone Racing"
"Experienced User"
guys2nv - 5.21.17, 6:53 pm Post #13: | Reply With Quote
nickandluke said
Isnt there different types of 32p. Some are close to 32p pinion but are not exact. I kind of remember someone saying that around here. Are you using traxxas pinions?
32p and .8 mod are compatible.
| Cen Colossus GST-E |
| Stampede 4x4 | Stampede |
| Shelfers - Lunchbox & Blackfoot |
| Futaba 4PLS |
"Experienced user"
nickandluke - 5.21.17, 7:04 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
guys2nv said
32p and .8 mod are compatible.
Thats what it was.
"Experienced user"
tsair - 5.21.17, 10:24 pm Post #15: | Reply With Quote
kartracer25 said
I have the Slash Platinum edition, using the stock plastic center diff. I have installed the Traxxas aluminum motor mount #7460x using the stock 10x15x4 bearing. That bearing was replaced when I installed the new pinion and spur gear. How ever that bearing failed 3 runs after I replaced the 2nd spur gear and new pinion
You must have another failure somewhere else in your drivetrain or wheel bearings, the issues you're experiencing aren't normal.

Slide the motor away from the drivetrain and see roll the car to see where it's binding.
razorrcblog.blogspot.com
youtube.com/c/RazorRC
"inadvertent durability tester"
oldnoob69 - 6.07.17, 3:27 pm Post #16: | Reply With Quote
SlashMaxx4x4 said
To solve all spur issues, buy a Robinson Racing Gen 3 hardened slipper setup. Never had anther spur related problem after installing.
i used one in my slash with the stock electronics. everything overheated, so i put the plastic back in. i put the gen3 back in tho after i upgraded to a sidewinder 8 combo. no problems there.