Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
hydro_pyro - 12.16.12, 6:23 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
Your ESC button is sticking down, thus entering programming mode when you plug in. This is a known issue. Wiggle the button around and try again. Keep the dirt and mud away from the button to avoid this problem in the future.
"the vw guy"
slash bash - 12.16.12, 7:01 pm Post #12: | Reply With Quote
I have had this same problem with the sticking button and traxxas told me to put some wd-40 on it which helped a little bit.
hpi RS4 nitro 2
Slash 2wd
project streetbus
assorted half-working toy grades for hauling on my new trailer
"Experienced user"
David Brock - 12.16.12, 7:18 pm Post #13: | Reply With Quote
Thanks guys, I got it figured out. LOL< as for keeping ot away from the mud and dirt.... Not likely.... Guess I should start looking for an inner cover ;0).
"beep beep"
SLAMpede - 10.23.13, 8:08 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
Not to resurrect a dead thread, but that's what the search function is for, right?

I'm having the same issue- esc was slow blinking red while running in low voltage protection. Was running a brand new fully charged 11v 3s 4000mah 20c lipo, and I got no more then 5 mins of run time. Btw, this was the first time using the battery.

Also, with stock gearing, it wouldn't pull a wheelie, just move a bit quicker then a 8.4v 7cell nimh. From what I hear, 3s lipo should be crazy zippy.
Plus, I get home and throw it on the charger and it only took 15 mins charging at 3amps, so I know it wasn't discharged much.

Any thoughts? I'm going to take it out again tomorrow and see what another run yeilds on time.
(Last edited by SLAMpede : 10.23.13 at 8:22 pm) Reason: i re-read my garbled sentence. then i fixed said sentence.
"Experienced user"
finkledbody - 10.24.13, 5:15 am Post #15: | Reply With Quote
@Slampede

Slow Blinking Red (with Low-Voltage Detection on): The VXL-3s has entered Low-Voltage Protection. When the battery voltage begins to reach the minimum recommended discharge voltage threshold for LiPo battery packs, the VXL-3s will limit the power output to 50% throttle. When the battery voltage attempts to fall below the minimum threshold, the VXL-3s will shut down all motor output. The LED on the speed control will slowly blink red, indicating a low-voltage shutdown. The VXL-3s will stay in this mode until a fully charged battery is connected.

The battery you have chosen doesn't meet the minimum recommended discharge rate @25c that traxxas set for the stock VXL system. Simply put, your asking to much from that 3s 4000mah 20c lipo. Time for an upgrade
(Last edited by finkledbody : 10.24.13 at 5:19 am)
Lightly moddified Slash 4x4
"beep beep"
SLAMpede - 10.24.13, 9:26 am Post #16: | Reply With Quote
Oh no! There is a 25 c minimum? So... I just spent $50 on a paper weight? Gahhhhh!

Is there any parameters I can adjust to allow me to safely use the battery?
(Last edited by SLAMpede : 10.24.13 at 9:32 am)
"beep beep"
SLAMpede - 10.24.13, 3:34 pm Post #17: | Reply With Quote
finkledbody said
The battery you have chosen doesn't meet the minimum recommended discharge rate @25c that traxxas set for the stock VXL system. Simply put, your asking to much from that 3s 4000mah 20c lipo. Time for an upgrade
Hey man, you were right on the money, thanks! I picked up a 25c and no problems with the cut out early tripping at all. I appreciate the heads up.
"Experienced user"
vxlslashbasher9 - 10.24.13, 8:18 pm Post #18: | Reply With Quote
SLAMpede said
Oh no! There is a 25 c minimum? So... I just spent $50 on a paper weight? Gahhhhh!

Is there any parameters I can adjust to allow me to safely use the battery?
$50 for a 25c 3s? you bought it from you lhs didn't you?
better batteries on SMC for half the price, just to let you know for the future
unless you live in a country where that is a good price for a lipo, just thought i'd mention it
my running: slash vxl, solid axle rustler, rustler xl 1
no longer have: 1/16 slash 4x4, rustler xl 5, tmaxx 1.5, summit titan 775

"beep beep"
SLAMpede - 10.24.13, 8:55 pm Post #19: | Reply With Quote
vxlslashbasher9 said
better batteries on SMC for half the price, just to let you know for the future
unless you live in a country where that is a good price for a lipo, just thought i'd mention it
I'm in the US, East Coast. I did buy at a lhs, and know the price is steep.. but I don't mind paying a few extra dollars to help out local small business.
I appreciate the heads up tho, what is SMC?
"Experienced user"
finkledbody - 10.25.13, 5:25 am Post #20: | Reply With Quote
@Slampede

No problem, good to see you were able to grab a new lipo so soon. The VXL can utilize up to a 40c discharge rate but after that you wont see much if any improvement. Just some food for thought...
Lightly moddified Slash 4x4