Ok so I thought the consensus on installing shock caps was they have to bottomed out on the threads
I've always done on all my shocks, all plastic, plastic with alum caps, aluminum bodied with plastic caps, and even full aluminum shocks, and it's always worked for me
It's been longer than I can remember since I've blown a shock cap.
Anyways I recently built up another slash, stock shocks and I got some new traxxas green alum shock caps and TiNi shafts all around. For the longest time I couldn't get the bladder to seat correctly and it would fold up while screwing down the shock cap and the shock would leak, I've put aluminum caps on ultras before and this never happened. I tryed green slime, no green slime, dry, new bladders, used bladders and it just kept seating incorrectly.
I'm rebuilding them again and so far with the cap not being bottomed out it seems to seal up pretty good. There's about 1mm of space from not being bottomed out and I'm guessing this is the ticket.
Any of you guys encounter anything like this, this is a first for me lol
[Savage Flux XL: MMM/1800kv]
[2013 Savage X 4.6]
[LCG Slash 2wd: SW/3800kv]
[Hobao H4e: 10.5T]<--For Sale
[Mini 8ight-T: HW 90a/4000kv]