Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Chevy Guy"
stadiumangt - 9.10.15, 12:45 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
Frickin sweet bro, i had the body you need, it was a hardbody '57 chevy with just right dimensions. Ended up scrapping the project and sold the body...
tmdz28 said
Common sense is a luxury nowadays. Sadly.
Heeelmooi said
Now add Cancel Croatians Mumbai Monastary in there
Hoarding Vintage 1/8 nitro offroad, if you need parts, I may have them...
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 9.13.15, 5:19 pm Post #12: | Reply With Quote
this thing looks nice! also for an engine, one of the engines used in the 1/8th scale pan cars on vrc, the kind that go 100 mph :P
"My garden is life itself, in the sense that every aspect of it should be taken care of and tended to as you would a rose, trimming off dead leaves and excess, being left with raw beauty, and perfection in my own mind. " - Jester
"Semi-Vacationing User"
Velineon - 9.13.15, 6:22 pm Post #13: | Reply With Quote
Most modified gassers from the 60's had flipped leafs upfront with a straight axle, you could rig up something similar with a wheely king front axle. Dollar hobbyz has them for cheap.

For rear tires, you could try clay compound Proline Primes or Striker II's, or funny car rears with T maxx hubs.
(Last edited by Velineon : 9.13.15 at 6:26 pm)
RCs Owned: Traxxas Slash 4x4 - Muscle Slash, Axial Exo-Terra Buggy, Tamiya TT-02 - 73 Carrera RS/85 AE86 Trueno Coupe
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is."
people who use pnvv quotes in their sig are dorky sheeple
"Insert Witty Phrase Here."
Soulforged - 9.13.15, 6:58 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
dude. a gasser style, nitro, 57 chev?

I am SO looking forward to this.
You Say " I am canadian =)" Varchild says, "everyone has thier faults"
"Experienced user"
bytor - 9.13.15, 7:03 pm Post #15: | Reply With Quote
+1 this should be pretty kool
"Chevy Guy"
stadiumangt - 9.13.15, 7:08 pm Post #16: | Reply With Quote
Chrome duratrax maximum st wheels would look gnarly for the rears
tmdz28 said
Common sense is a luxury nowadays. Sadly.
Heeelmooi said
Now add Cancel Croatians Mumbai Monastary in there
Hoarding Vintage 1/8 nitro offroad, if you need parts, I may have them...
"Semi-Vacationing User"
Velineon - 9.14.15, 3:49 am Post #17: | Reply With Quote
Or Ofna Pirate 10s...
I could even model some centerlines or halibrand front runners in Inventor if he wants to 3d Print them
(Last edited by Velineon : 9.14.15 at 3:55 am)
RCs Owned: Traxxas Slash 4x4 - Muscle Slash, Axial Exo-Terra Buggy, Tamiya TT-02 - 73 Carrera RS/85 AE86 Trueno Coupe
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is."
people who use pnvv quotes in their sig are dorky sheeple
"Experienced user"
tysonsk - 9.14.15, 7:07 am Post #18: | Reply With Quote
Subbed!
Tekno NB48, Tekno ET48, and Losi Mini 8ight T
"Experienced user"
Fiero_Man_121 - 9.14.15, 3:13 pm Post #19: | Reply With Quote
holy response overload batman!!!

im not sure what wheels i want to use, id very much like to find the old rc10gt RPM satin chrome wheels from bitd. http://www.speedysracingparts.com/166902c0.jpg however that means id have swap over to rc10gt spindles and c blocks. an easy swap but the 1/8th inch pin that the gt uses will be sloppy in a traxxas arms i plan to use. the easy cop-out is traxxas trx1/radicator chrome rims that bolt on.

anyhow its update time again y'all

rust, rust on all the things...

stripped the anno off the chassis plates and got the chassis partially assembled.

moved the tank back to the 2nd set of holes, shifts the weight and gives me room on the chassis for a rx battery right on the chassis. should center everything and keep the front end a little more planted.

i also rebuilt the trans. with a few go-fast tweaks. narrowed up the gears and used stainless steel metal face bearings, shimmed to perfection. lubed with a nice thin grease and packed the diff with a nice thick one

plenty of rust on the face of the slipper, peerless on the opposite face.

following up on the braking issue. i did go ahead and ground down the adapter hub to fit the rc10gt disk. the stock plastic disk is junk imo.

as i mentioned elsewhere on the forums i recieved a set of speedy's racing shock towers made custom for me. a rear tower went right on the bulkhead.

i do need to buy a few things at a minimum. found that the front skid is hella snapped and i think I'm going to have to go to a new engine. I'm thinking a nice novarossi would fit plus i still need to buy fuel, line, plugs, and tires/rims.

oh and more gratuitous rust.

see y'all on the forums.
Florida Oval Racer | Vintage traxxas collector | Mad Scientist
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 9.14.15, 4:13 pm Post #20: | Reply With Quote
as i said, 1/8th scale pan car engine! they push those things to 100mph, in a p2ede you could get it hella-fast if you could control it
"My garden is life itself, in the sense that every aspect of it should be taken care of and tended to as you would a rose, trimming off dead leaves and excess, being left with raw beauty, and perfection in my own mind. " - Jester