Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Professional Amateur"
Sneetches - 3.15.16, 12:44 pm Post #31: | Reply With Quote
I have 2.5 million oil coming in to try along with putty. Suprisingly to me this thing still turns very nicely with 500k F/R. I also have I'd like to try it on a U4RC track but alas, no such thing around here unless I make one myself. It would be hilarious to watch how badly it outhandles the Wraith/Yeti though, until it gets to the rocks and get high centered without the HCG.
Youtube: MegaSneetch - RC videos whenever I can make them!
"Beat It Like It Owes You Money"
jumpit - 3.15.16, 2:23 pm Post #32: | Reply With Quote
killer project Sneetches, after following this off and on, for the last couple weeks, I remember I have a yeti cage laying around, so I pulled my Losi scte 1.0 off the shelf, it was raining buckets outside so seemed like a good day to mess around with it.

After messing around with the suspension, and making an extension for the front shock tower I have 3 1/4" ground clearance front to rear not rested on its own weight and 2 3/4" resting on its own weight with no pre-loads on the shocks, and from resting it has 2" of upward travel, so pretty happy with that.

My next thing is mounting the cage, not to worried about that, what I am not sure of is what weight diff oils to use as mine has a c.d I put associated 1m cst in the c.d which I believe is about the equivalent too 500k diff oil just not sure what I should put in too the front and rear.... any suggestions?

Or maybe I should lock the c.d and go 300k to 500k front rear?
(Last edited by jumpit : 3.15.16 at 2:25 pm)
Jump_it
Check out my youtube channel ------>>>jammer2150 <<<-----
"Professional Amateur"
Sneetches - 3.15.16, 2:32 pm Post #33: | Reply With Quote
I'd probably putty the CD or something similar and use at least 500k front/rear. I'm using the slipper cranked down for no slip and don't plan to change that.

I still have a bunch of experimenting to do with diffs so I have to wait for my 2.5 mill / putty to come up. Otherwise with 500k F/R I'm still diffing out quite a bit and getting stopped on hill typically means I have to back down and try again.

Depends if you just want it to be able to start over some rocks from a stop or not. If I hit them at about 5-10 mph I can get over some but stopping/starting just isn't good on sensorless and open diffs.
"Experienced user"
twisted - 3.15.16, 5:07 pm Post #34: | Reply With Quote
we had our 1st U4 track here last summer and now this year another one has been made. i lent my stock 4wd pede out asa loaner and it did surprisingly well on the rocks.

this was when my yeti was stock....

"Eat, Sleep, Lego, RC, Youtube,"
STIGCRAFTER - 3.15.16, 7:40 pm Post #35: | Reply With Quote
Nice work, Sneetches. That body is pretty cool
"Bambidexterous: When you can skin a deer with both hands" - Mike Falzone

Instagram: @stigcrafter Youtube: STIGCRAFTER
"Professional Amateur"
Sneetches - 3.15.16, 8:08 pm Post #36: | Reply With Quote
Here's a video of the truck on the big hill. The camera doesn't do it justice unless you've seen my Yeti XL / Slash 4x4 video before, it's pretty intimidating in real life lol, but I was only on 2S geared 15/54 here so I will be back to test on 3S and hopefully 4S soon...

http://vid300.photobucket.com/albums...psk3lngrvd.mp4

Just imagine that multiple times over since that wasn't even a small part of my driving for the day. That's why i think this body mount is the way to go right now.
"Experienced user"
twisted - 3.15.16, 8:11 pm Post #37: | Reply With Quote
nice! it took some abuse.
"Professional Amateur"
Sneetches - 3.20.16, 2:21 pm Post #38: | Reply With Quote
Not much going on right now unfortunately, the weather went to crap for this weekend from 60F to 30F and snowing, but is supposed to be nice again after Wednesday.

I'm going to run the truck on 3S a couple times before I potentially go to 2.5 mill or putty in the rear diff. Got my rear lights installed now with the light buckets. I'm gonna paint up the yeti interior and make some side skirts, past that I'm waiting on a Puretech "quick mount" battery strap that'll let me use all my different packs a lot easier than the Traxxas hold down, which of course I forgot to account only works well with Traxxas sized packs...
"Experienced user"
twisted - 3.21.16, 12:16 pm Post #39: | Reply With Quote
well i think you have motivated me to turn my truck int one of these...
"Professional Amateur"
Sneetches - 3.21.16, 12:41 pm Post #40: | Reply With Quote
You doing a Slash 4x4 or the Stampede again?