Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
roadhog29389 - 10.20.16, 3:32 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I have recently been looking for a stampede 4x4 or telluride to turn into a racer, Along the lines of Jang's Shapeshifter. I've come across a guy selling the latter for a good price but am wondering if I can put the longer stampede arms on a telluride? I know there's a lot of shared stuff across the platforms but am unsure of what works and what doesn't.
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 10.20.16, 7:11 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Everything is interchangeable. The Telluride is a 4Pede with narrower A-arms, short-course tires, and different body posts. (I recommend keeping the Telluride body posts unless you need the 4Pede posts to fit a pre-cut body.)
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Experienced user"
roadhog29389 - 10.20.16, 7:24 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Cool, All I needed to know. Body posts will stay as just from images I can tell they're better than the Stampede. I may change the clutch at some point but I don't really stuff about with fine tuning them so it'll probably be just fine as is
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 10.20.16, 12:37 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
I have the 4Pede clutch in both of my Tellurides, and the Slash center diff in my 4Pede. I think the center diff is a great upgrade, it really improves the handling at high speed.
"Hasa Diga Eebowai!"
lsear2905 - 10.20.16, 3:27 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
roadhog29389 said
I have recently been looking for a stampede 4x4 or telluride to turn into a racer,
Like a buggy? If you plan on racing, go for a Slash 4x4 with the longer chassis.

Also, as previously stated - get a centre diff, and sway bars too.
from Melbourne, Australia (where Winter is Summer, and we use the metric system)

Bored? Check out and follow my Instagram feed @mycousinscrogg
Really bored? lsear2905's Garage in the General RC section
Want even more? Check out my flickr page at flickr.com/lsear
"Experienced user"
roadhog29389 - 10.21.16, 11:42 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
fyrstormer said
I have the 4Pede clutch in both of my Tellurides, and the Slash center diff in my 4Pede. I think the center diff is a great upgrade, it really improves the handling at high speed.
Since you seem to know your stuff, Do you know if the Telluride uses bushings anywhere in it?
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 10.23.16, 10:52 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Plastic bushings in the steering bellcranks. You can replace them with 5x8x2.5mm bearings, but if you do, I recommend using stainless-steel bearings because the top bearings are impossible to clean without removing the front skidplate, and they will rust otherwise. Also, it requires a VERY firm hand to keep the servo-saver spring held in-place while you're replacing the bushings with bearings. You'll see what I mean when you get in there; the spring retainer is ultimately locked in-place by the upper bearing on the bellcrank. You may want to use a box-end wrench or something similar to press hard on the spring retainer while you're fitting the bearing into place.
"Experienced user"
roadhog29389 - 10.24.16, 3:29 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
fyrstormer said
Plastic bushings in the steering bellcranks. You can replace them with 5x8x2.5mm bearings, but if you do, I recommend using stainless-steel bearings because the top bearings are impossible to clean without removing the front skidplate, and they will rust otherwise. Also, it requires a VERY firm hand to keep the servo-saver spring held in-place while you're replacing the bushings with bearings. You'll see what I mean when you get in there; the spring retainer is ultimately locked in-place by the upper bearing on the bellcrank. You may want to use a box-end wrench or something similar to press hard on the spring retainer while you're fitting the bearing into place.
OK, I'll keep that in mind. I have had to put servo savers together before and resorted to a vice and pliers to twist the top on
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 10.24.16, 10:42 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
It doesn't twist together, it presses together. You'll see what I mean.
"Experienced user"
roadhog29389 - 10.27.16, 5:15 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
It has arrived!