Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 3.29.17, 4:42 pm Post #31: | Reply With Quote
One last update to this build: I figured out how to add a front swaybar, or rather I found a discontinued Dynamite swaybar kit and I modified it slightly to work with the RPM bumper on my truck.

It wasn't a difficult installation, it just required drilling a couple holes in the front skidplate, countersinking the holes, and bending the swaybar a little to adapt it to the different mounting position. I just had to wrap my head around having to do a custom install instead of a bolt-on upgrade, which is a strangely difficult idea for me to accept in some cases, especially since I already do so much work to custom-fit parts onto my RCs.

It works pretty well, reducing body roll and creating a bias for understeer that makes the truck a little more controllable on grass. It was worth the half-hour I spent installing it.
(Last edited by fyrstormer : 3.29.17 at 4:47 pm)
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 3.29.17, 4:53 pm Post #32: | Reply With Quote
agusorgen said
So can it be that the stock 3300kv reedy associated includes has 0.00000000000000000000000000000001 turn? I mean it has less torque than a dead premature lizard? I mean i put a flipflop infront of my sc10b when it is just standing, i press the thrortle and it just coggs. Can it be that the esc is weak too?
The stock ESC and motor in my SC10B worked fine. Either something is wrong with your ESC, or the motor overheated really really badly, or the throttle settings are messed up on the controller.
"Vacationing user"
agusorgen - 3.29.17, 5:19 pm Post #33: | Reply With Quote
fyrstormer said
The stock ESC and motor in my SC10B worked fine. Either something is wrong with your ESC, or the motor overheated really really badly, or the throttle settings are messed up on the controller.
The heat thing on the esc is impossible, it barely gets warm. I has an enormus fan. I treated the motor really badly, got it wet, lots of loose dirt, probably overheating (i measure it by touch, if i can't touch it for more that 2sec i consider that ut has to cool down).

Anyways, it has to be replaced.

Really surprises me how the velineon 3m system is holding up in the MERV. I overheated it like a champ and still gives me awesome speed and smoothness.

Little q: Do more amps give more "torque"? Cause i recently made a homemade little drill and i used a 5v 0.1 amp old cellphone charger to power it and it had awesome speed but the moment it touched the wood...it just stopped; so i changed to the 3.7v li-ion batt of a blackberry and although it has less volts, the drill now does holes easily, and from what i know lithium batteries deliver really hi amps.
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 3.29.17, 5:34 pm Post #34: | Reply With Quote
Yes, extra amps create extra torque. You can get more amps by using a battery that can discharge faster, or you can get more amps by using a higher-voltage battery, because volts push amps through electrical circuits.
"Vacationing user"
agusorgen - 3.29.17, 5:44 pm Post #35: | Reply With Quote
I'm starting to have the vague idea of installing a sick castle sidewinder sct on my sc10b, but that would sacrifice the xv-01.

I wish i was an adult, your phrase is starting to make sense.

If i had the same money as you, i would order an xv-01 with a skytoro combo and a castle sidewinder sct for the buggy. Some motors and micro servos for personal projects, a flysky fsgt3b with 10 recievers WELL STOP. It is killing me.
(Last edited by agusorgen : 3.29.17 at 6:01 pm)
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 3.29.17, 7:20 pm Post #36: | Reply With Quote
Yeah, it sucks to have good ideas but no money to pay for them.