Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
robft - 3.28.17, 10:15 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
cheers Slick, the whole case is in the post, should have it in the morning (UK).
a hammer worked on the shaft, not very technical but now I can move on, thanks for your input
thanks Rob
"Experienced user"
robft - 3.30.17, 9:00 am Post #12: | Reply With Quote
ok, more problems/questions,

after realising I'm an ejit and 2 new gears have split, the input shaft (3793) won't fit through the bearing 5116 to allow it to go through the trans case or the gear to come into contact with anything else,, surely a hammer beating isn't required for that too?
thanks Rob
"brushed motors are fast too"
thebasher255 - 3.30.17, 9:09 am Post #13: | Reply With Quote
That's odd. But if the top gear shaft won't fit through that top bearing then it may be the wrong size. I have no idea why that would be the case though.
I might consider buying a fully built magnum 272 transmission off eBay. They are fairly inexpensive, and you will have the added benefit of getting a bunch of spare parts. More of a plug-and-play solution that way.
Smell something burning? Sorry, I was thinking.
"Experienced user"
robft - 3.30.17, 9:48 am Post #14: | Reply With Quote
bailing me out again Basher, thanks.
It is an odd one, all parts were new with the assoc part numbers from the schematic (which is rubbish) are the right ones so I don't know.

Your suggestion is a tempting one though
thanks Rob
"Experienced user"
LucasHood - 3.30.17, 5:50 pm Post #15: | Reply With Quote
Assuming the parts were correct, if you tappy/hammered on the end that now won't go through the bearing, you probably mushroomed the end a bit. Might be able to clean it up with some sandpaper or something. I just put together a hot racing alum case trans a little while back. My gear was tight on the shaft as well. Also had to buy a trx case to get the idler shaft which was dumb. Just sell the shaft by itself imo.
thebasher255 - 3.31.17, 6:34 am Post #16: | Reply With Quote
No worries rob, hope you get it sorted.
I still wonder if that may be a defective top gear shaft...
"Experienced user"
robft - 3.31.17, 11:27 am Post #17: | Reply With Quote
cheers Basher,
I have been chatting to modelsport and they said it does sound a bit odd, so I ordered a new gear , shaft and bearing and they will fit it before they post to make sure it does fit, which is a bonus
thanks Rob
"Experienced user"
robft - 4.01.17, 2:12 am Post #18: | Reply With Quote
from buying the parts from Modelsport at 400pm yesterday, the shaft has been fitted by them and delivered by 10am this morning, bonus
thanks Rob
thebasher255 - 4.01.17, 9:09 am Post #19: | Reply With Quote
Nice, that's really handy.