Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 4.22.17, 11:22 pm Post #21: | Reply With Quote
24/52 gearing/4s on ovaled out axles and a wonkie transmission bearing.... What can possibly go wrong
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"Experienced user"
scary97gt - 4.23.17, 3:21 am Post #22: | Reply With Quote
KABOOM. As long as it's fun, it doesn't matter right😁
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 4.23.17, 3:28 pm Post #23: | Reply With Quote
Right, honestly that tranny is way over due for an overhaul. Those axles are the stock 2wd axles so I'm not going to cry myself to sleep when they snap. I'll probably replace them with x dutys tbh.

Not sure what kind is speed I'm going to get out of her but I know it's going to be overkill.
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 4.24.17, 11:02 pm Post #24: | Reply With Quote
Ran it for 3 seconds, on the first pull clutch was too tight and it tried to backflip. Ripped the light bar clean off and popped an axle off. Snapped that back in, backed off a tad on the slipper and let her rip. Max I got to was 50 percent throttle. Anything above that was just Ludacris speed. Tried WOT and that resulted in 15 rolls at what I imagine was 50mph+ damaging a front shock due to the lower screw coming loose. No big deal I have a spare. Thinking about replacing the dual shock set up for a single xd103 piggybacks. Parts on order are the x dutys and maybe down the Line a sealed Diff (recommendations welcome).

rear bumper no longer fit so I improvised

(Last edited by riderinblack : 4.24.17 at 11:07 pm)