Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
icecold - 5.28.17, 7:40 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
So I am out today with my VXL 2WD Slash, and after 10 minutes I lose power I didn't see that I hit hard. But My truck went dead it barely moves.

Left wheel tire is wobbly and barely spins at full throttle. Right side wheel and tire does, just fine. And when I manually turn the left wheel it freely spins normally it should turn the right wheel in the opposite direction.

Whats happening here is this and easy fix for a novice. ?

I don't see anything broken on the exterior except for the wobbly wheel and tire, is there something inside the transmission broken ?
"Experienced user"
icecold - 5.28.17, 8:15 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Update Took the cover off the Gears No Broken teeth. stock 23/86

Motor is strong as ever, So are the gears full power and torque.

But when you Pinch the axel or apply any resistance. all the power and torque from the motor will not turn the axels or barely free spin the weight of the wheels.

all else is fine nothing broken or cracked.
"Experienced user"
1fox2go - 5.28.17, 8:57 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Sounds like a broken diff
My Dad tells me:"Boy you could break an anvil with a feather"
MT4 G3 Fanboy, Because...there is no kill switch on awesome
"Experienced User"
guys2nv - 5.28.17, 10:56 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Maybe a broken roll pin in your layshaft (shaft spur gear attaches to). Traxxas #3793, the pin going through it is prone to breaking. The only real way to figure this out though is investigate it starting out by your wheels (stripped hex for example) and work your way in to the transmission.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNMN4

| Cen Colossus GST-E |
| Stampede 4x4 | Stampede |
| Shelfers - Lunchbox & Blackfoot |
| Futaba 4PLS |
"Experienced user"
icecold - 5.28.17, 12:41 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
guys2nv said
Maybe a broken roll pin in your layshaft (shaft spur gear attaches to). Traxxas #3793, the pin going through it is prone to breaking. The only real way to figure this out though is investigate it starting out by your wheels (stripped hex for example) and work your way in to the transmission.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNMN4

yeah its a common issue basically the wheels only spin if they are off the ground

thats a broken diff or roll pin ?
"Stay Fit"
Corrupt - 5.28.17, 8:32 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Most likely a roll pin. Take the pinion gear off, and roll the truck on the ground. If the spur spins, try holding the spur in place with your finger. If the spur resists and wants to keep spinning, it's not the roll pin. But if there is no resistance when you hold the spur and push the truck on the ground, it is most likely a roll pin.

-Corrupt
Stay Fit.
"Experienced user"
1fox2go - 5.29.17, 5:52 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
AHHH I forgot about those. THey would break frequently on my Savage XS

Mine broke out by the Wheel Hexes though. Maybe worth a shot to take a wheel off and remove a hex to see if the pin is still good there
My Dad tells me:"Boy you could break an anvil with a feather"
MT4 G3 Fanboy, Because...there is no kill switch on awesome
"Experienced user"
icecold - 5.29.17, 1:56 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
1fox2go said
AHHH I forgot about those. THey would break frequently on my Savage XS

Mine broke out by the Wheel Hexes though. Maybe worth a shot to take a wheel off and remove a hex to see if the pin is still good there
Also found out I have a stripped wheel Hex. Could this be the problem. ?

I find it odd that I can pinch and hold the axels with my fingers from spinning Normaly the Torque will be too much to even let you touch the drive axels.
"Stay Fit"
Corrupt - 5.29.17, 2:15 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
You probably found your problem there! Stripped hex is definitely not good.

-Corrupt
Stay Fit.
"Experienced user"
cunawarit - 5.30.17, 5:50 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
Stripped wheel hex is the easiest to fix In any case, if I were you I'd open the gearbox just to explore. The 2WD Slash (and Bandit and Rustler) have very simple gearboxes and are not hard to work with.