Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
CDNexplorer14 - 6.03.17, 10:55 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
So I blew my motor (castle 1410 3800kv) from my Sidewinder SCT combo. It was about 2 years ago now and am looking to buy a new combo kit (combo was cheaper then just the replacement motor), but as I search it seems the Sidewinder SCT 3800kv combo has been discontinued and none of my local suppliers has it.

Does anybody know what the replacement is for it, or if the new 1410 sensored motor will work with my old SCT ? Or should I just call Castle ?

Thank you, happy RC'ing!!

Nick
"Experienced user"
JuanDLAT78 - 6.03.17, 4:32 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
The Sidewinder SCT 3800kv combo is being replaced by a new combo. But as far as I can tell only thing that is changing is the motor (and maybe the decals). It's still a 1410 3800kv but it's sensored. Sensored motors can be ran sensored or unsensored. So you should be ok. As far as supply, even castle's website shows them out of stock. So maybe they have to catch up on demand.

as of me typing this, Amain has them in stock.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?s=sidewinder+sct
"Experienced user"
CDNexplorer14 - 6.04.17, 7:57 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Thank You JuanDLAT78,

I forgot about amain, I'll go check them out.