Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 4.22.17, 6:33 pm Post #21: | Reply With Quote
you can still heat the red stuff with a micro-torch to remove fasteners
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"Experienced user"
Utrak - 4.24.17, 5:59 am Post #22: | Reply With Quote
I find the key to successful threadlock usage is moderation. Just a little drop should do, you're not trying to glue the screw in place, but rather to prevent it from loosening that first little bit. If the screw is large enough you can also use teflon tape instead of threadlock.
"New user"
Seanconnery89 - 4.28.17, 6:12 am Post #23: | Reply With Quote
Doesn't an anti-seize compound also partly function as a thread locker? I know in the automotive world, anti-seize is a must when doing something like installing aluminum cylinder heads and using steel bolts. It keeps the steel bolt from potentially galling the threads in the aluminum part. I don't really know if that translates into the rc world though. My "budgetary constraints" don't allow for aluminum parts just yet!
"Inexperienced User"
stevenator128 - Today, 6:55 am Post #24: | Reply With Quote
I would think anti-seize would be the exact opposite of thread lock. The name suggests it prevents sticking.
One can lose things and one can loosen things. "Loose" is very rarely a verb; it is an adjective, and it describes the grasp some have on this concept.
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - Today, 7:40 am Post #25: | Reply With Quote
stevenator128 said
I would think anti-seize would be the exact opposite of thread lock. The name suggests it prevents sticking.
+1

https://www.permatex.com/products/lu...e-lubricant-2/

...For easy removal of spark plugs, cylinder head and exhaust head bolts; apply to anchor pins on brake assemblies, u-bolts and spring bolts, hinges, gears, chain, sprockets and rollers...Prevents seizing and galling of all metals on chassis and engines. Withstands temperatures up to 1600F...
Typically, R/C cars are more frequently maintained than automobiles, folks will often use other protectants such as LiquidWrench to clean/lubricate the entire surface of the chassis which will also act as a corrosion preventative. Because R/C cars tend to get far more vibration than automobiles, there tend to be more fasteners which require thread lock than is typically seen on an automobile.
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash