Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - Today, 7:43 pm Post #11821: | Reply With Quote
Replaced front diff housing on 1 of the GT24Bs. Screw had broken off from shock mount. Gave it good run after sitting for few months. Gave BT4 another run to check out new gearing. Mesh seems to be holding. Charging batteries for what should be race day #7 tomorrow. Big rain coming through now. Chance again in early morning.

Also charging battery for new purchase. Swore 4 years ago I'd never try again but here I am.
"ae fanboy"
Kingy - Today, 7:45 pm Post #11822: | Reply With Quote
wave_rider91 said
rc10 worlds re-re and sc10 bash wednesday evening. i put 40 shock oil in the sc10, i like it better now, not as much pitch and roll
Think I ended up on
Front
37.5wt w/ #3 piston and avid firm spring
Rear
32.5wt w/ #1 piston and avid soft spring

But it's been a few years since I've owned an sc10 so would have to double check.
Associated [RC10B5M - RC10T4.1 FT - RC10B4.1 WORLD'S - RC10B44.2 - RC8T CE-E - RC8BE]
Durango [DESC210R] Ofna [NEXX10SC] Serpent [S411] RC4WD [Bully - Bully2]
Gmade [Sawback] Axial [Scx10 - Wraith - Yeti] Eagle Racing [TT-01 V.3] MST [FXX-D]
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - Today, 9:50 pm Post #11823: | Reply With Quote
slick2500 said
The bearing in the endbell of my Trinity Speed Gems 2 went out already. I think it might be the dirt where I run as some of the hub bearings are getting really sticky.
That's strange. The endbell bearing doesn't have to deal with nearly as much load as the...bearing on the other end, I can't remember the name off-hand.

I use Boca Yellow Seal ceramic bearings in all my motors. However, if I were going to run in really nasty conditions on a regular basis, I would consider replacing one or both bearings with bushings, because they're easier to clean. You could replace just the endbell bearing with a bushing without suffering any loss of performance or extra heat buildup, because the endbell bearing has almost no load on it.
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - Today, 9:51 pm Post #11824: | Reply With Quote
Finished testing all my electric vehicles that are in running condition. In the Huge Surprise To Nobody department, all of my rock crawlers have the same top-speed on grass as they do on pavement -- not even 1mph lower.
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Regular user"
jvidal - Today, 10:35 pm Post #11825: | Reply With Quote
fyrstormer said
That's strange. The endbell bearing doesn't have to deal with nearly as much load as the...bearing on the other end, I can't remember the name off-hand.

I use Boca Yellow Seal ceramic bearings in all my motors. However, if I were going to run in really nasty conditions on a regular basis, I would consider replacing one or both bearings with bushings, because they're easier to clean. You could replace just the endbell bearing with a bushing without suffering any loss of performance or extra heat buildup, because the endbell bearing has almost no load on it.
I'm really asking this question, not trying to generate a fight or anything.

Fyrstormer, why don't you just buy the brushed motors and use them instead of being all the time changing their components and modding them? Maybe it's just for fun, cause it looks fun. But if it is not for that reason, why do you do it? There are lots of brushed motors that are hi quelity out of the box.
Rombo Romboide
Plato Platoide
"ae fanboy"
Kingy - Today, 11:37 pm Post #11826: | Reply With Quote
I wonder that myself.
Associated [RC10B5M - RC10T4.1 FT - RC10B4.1 WORLD'S - RC10B44.2 - RC8T CE-E - RC8BE]
Durango [DESC210R] Ofna [NEXX10SC] Serpent [S411] RC4WD [Bully - Bully2]
Gmade [Sawback] Axial [Scx10 - Wraith - Yeti] Eagle Racing [TT-01 V.3] MST [FXX-D]