Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Vacationing User"
iluvmud - 8.07.17, 9:47 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
jmauld said
i think the rustler chassis is longer too.

Here are some battery cups that I've used on a flat chassis before, they're really light weight, and easy to trim if needed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Associa...AAAOSwdzVXiVoH
oh nice! but I think Im going to cut the battery piece out of the chassis as it has mounting points that Ill need for the rear tranny and front brace etc.
17 Tamiyas 2 other cars...I have problems.

TheJANG said
I Luv Mud......
"Experienced user"
jmauld - 8.08.17, 11:05 am Post #12: | Reply With Quote
oh that's right. I forgot about those mounts. They are at different heights to, which makes working around them a little more difficult.
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 8.11.17, 6:25 am Post #13: | Reply With Quote
I will be interested to know if you can get it to accelerate and brake without spinning-out all over the place. That's what I constantly struggled with when experimenting with RWD touring cars, both full-rear-motor like this one, and mid-rear-motor.
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Dinobot"
OSRC - 8.11.17, 12:51 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
Been keeping my eyes out for one for a long time. Nice find!
"Experienced user"
Norco kid - 8.11.17, 1:26 pm Post #15: | Reply With Quote
I had one of these once and it was a handful to drive. I put a 13t motor in it and it would just spin out all over the place. The stock tires were really hard and had a round profile which didn't help so I upgraded to foam tires just like yours! It was actually my 2nd rc car. Would be fun to try one again with the rc experience I have now.
"Vacationing User"
iluvmud - 8.11.17, 3:50 pm Post #16: | Reply With Quote
OSRC said
Been keeping my eyes out for one for a long time. Nice find!
You just missed one about a week ago... sold for like 35 shipped... I was going to buy it but thought one would be enough.

TheJANG said
I Luv Mud......
"Vacationing User"
iluvmud - 8.13.17, 9:07 pm Post #17: | Reply With Quote
fyrstormer said
I will be interested to know if you can get it to accelerate and brake without spinning-out all over the place. That's what I constantly struggled with when experimenting with RWD touring cars, both full-rear-motor like this one, and mid-rear-motor.
Yeah, Ive thought of this too... I had an old bolink eliminator that I narrowed and put on fat meat rubber tires and all I could get it to do was go straight.... fast as all get out.... in a straight line, then id have to let it coast down to an acceptable speed before I could get it to turn other wise when I'd turn it, its still be going straight...

with all this in mind I'm not too sure making a lighter CF chassis will help anything besides adding to the cool factor, so let me get the car together then I'll decide if I really want to make a CF chassis.

TheJANG said
I Luv Mud......
"Experienced user"
jmauld - 8.16.17, 11:41 am Post #18: | Reply With Quote
What about adapting one of the new controllers with stability control built in? Maybe it's cheating, but this platform would be insanely fast if you could control the power and keep it on the ground.