Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Dirtbag rc'er"
Fiero_Man_121 - 1.29.16, 4:09 am Post #71: | Reply With Quote
Uhg been up since around 430 (est) tinkering with rc stuff and im stuck on a particular problem, tires. I want scale looks and functionality, rubber tires would work ok but only to a point. Eventually im gonna need foams. Well i REFUSE to put those fuggly jaco rims on this car.

What to do....

Searched high and low and googled my little brain out. First for speedy's old pre-mounted gt wheels, then donuts, then just the rpm wheels that speedy puts the foams on. Nada.

Eventually i just gave up and i was looking at legends foams for its own sake and by happen stance i wound up on rc4less and bam right there in front of me.

http://www.rc4less.com/product_info....r0d60kungjh9j2

I have a set of those gt wheels im looking for but only 1 set, currently residing on my retired rc10gt dirt truck. Gonna order the donuts and burn up those old ones.

edit: i found my set of spindles i had modified for ae/losi rims to fit in a traxxas nitro rustler steering block and installed them the other day. wheels dropped right on and look spiffy.

lowest stampede youll ever see.

(Last edited by Fiero_Man_121 : 2.08.16 at 5:07 pm)
Florida Oval Racer | Vintage traxxas collector | Mad Scientist
"Dirtbag rc'er"
Fiero_Man_121 - 4.17.16, 7:15 am Post #72: | Reply With Quote
You fine folks on urc will be proud of me, i had the header i needed back ordered from mid december, it finally came in yesterday.

It was out of the package for most of 5 minutes before i took a dremal to it.

http://novarossidirect.com/40202_p_2608.html

Took the 2nd curve off and flared out the remaining tube. Everything is bolted up and zip-tied tight. Just need to get fuel and im ready for its first tank of fuel and a gentle break-in.
"I-/"
JesterTheJoker - 4.17.16, 11:04 am Post #73: | Reply With Quote
dang it fiero, im still battling my carb! i guess buying a 30 dollar beater wasnt my best call, eh? Im just gonna send it into o.s. for repair. Should save labor and shipping now that its finally off.
"The world treats every last one of us like crap at some point in out lives. Its nothing but a test, those who make it are the best of us, those who dont can only be prayed for in whatever may come after life" - Jester
-Aspiring Psychologist, Actor, and Backyard Mechanic-
"I-/"
JesterTheJoker - 4.17.16, 11:06 am Post #74: | Reply With Quote
but i will have scale on you, i have mine narrowed up nice to 210mm, the trick was rs4 a-arms. This will obviously be onroad only, so im not to bothered by using sedan a-arms.
"The world treats every last one of us like crap at some point in out lives. Its nothing but a test, those who make it are the best of us, those who dont can only be prayed for in whatever may come after life" - Jester
-Aspiring Psychologist, Actor, and Backyard Mechanic-
"Dirtbag rc'er"
Fiero_Man_121 - 4.18.16, 2:13 pm Post #75: | Reply With Quote
Got some fuel in it and tried to get it running. Couldnt keep it going, i think ill need a heat gun to heat cycle it before i can get it.