Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Surprisingly Informative"
ntp - 1.06.12, 5:50 am Post #11: | Reply With Quote
Also, did you read this at the bottom?

On Jan-02-12 at 21:35:46 PST, seller added the following information:

Another eBay member has let me know he has a set of wheels for this car for $100. Keep this in mind when entering your bid, and I will forward his contact information to the winner so you can have a 100% complete kit.
Axial AX-10 Scorpion Modified a tad.
Summit vxl the "Tink Tank"
Stampede 4x4 vxl.
Cadillac RC10 GoldTub minor mods.
Slash 2wd
"Experienced user"
tylerdurden455 - 1.10.12, 12:39 pm Post #12: | Reply With Quote
ntp said
Also, did you read this at the bottom?

On Jan-02-12 at 21:35:46 PST, seller added the following information:

Another eBay member has let me know he has a set of wheels for this car for $100. Keep this in mind when entering your bid, and I will forward his contact information to the winner so you can have a 100% complete kit.
I did, and I have contacted him. Not sure if it's going to go through or not. Just have to wait and see..
"Experienced user"
tylerdurden455 - 1.10.12, 12:58 pm Post #13: | Reply With Quote
Here's a couple of pictures as I start to do the body trimming. The body on this thing is nearly as thick as a hardbody.. it's crazy. The instructions for painting say to use body shop paint, so I'm going to send this one to a 1:1 paint shop to get it painted once I find someone who does good custom work. The Nitro Stampede in the pictures is for size comparison. So far I've just done the body mount locations and some very crude initial cutting. I've got a couple of good sittings to finish the trimming, then I'll find a good paint shop to do an automotive grade paint job on it.

"Experienced user"
tylerdurden455 - 1.22.12, 2:14 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
dave00beer said
Very cool!

I have your blog bookmarked, Will keep a eye on it.
Thanks for the bookmark- just an FYI- I've updated the blog (www.traxxascollector.com) with the Hawk and Villain IV.. so I've documented my collection up to 1989 now. In the next couple of weeks I'm going to start on 1990.

Still no luck on the Mercedes wheels, they are a 19mm hex (good luck finding those wheels) and Traxxas support doesn't respond to questions about that vehicle.. so I may be out of luck for a few years until some turn up.
"Experienced user"
torquelover - 2.04.12, 5:25 am Post #15: | Reply With Quote
I was very into R/C in those years and never heard of this one. I'm wondering if Traxxas has a museum of sorts with one of every model they've produced kind of like Tamiya has?
"New user"
Thetraxxasguru - 9.09.16, 9:34 am Post #16: | Reply With Quote
I am very familiar with the vehicle as I am restoring one at the moment. There were not very many sold because you could only play with the vehicle on even paved ground and a big space at that kind of like the XO-1. I do have the original wheels for the vehicle. i can send pictures if desired. The vehicle itself never had an official name. It was dubbed the 1/6 on-road. Like I said, it was not a popular selling vehicle. If you get hands on one, keep it. Apart from yours, I only know of 2 complete.