Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Vacationing user"
apfroggy0408 - 11.30.11, 12:37 pm Post #41: | Reply With Quote
Dr. iso, would you mind sending me the dimensions you used for the mounts?

Also, it looks like the shocks fit fine in the rear with no modifications is this true?
"Damage instigator"
jcouzis - 6.10.14, 7:11 pm Post #42: | Reply With Quote
Dr. I,
Could you use the traxxas spacers that come stock with the truck? They have like a thick side and a thin side, and normally you stick the thin side into the shock cap to use normal (but longer) screws, not shoulders. I was thinking you could stick the thick side into the losi shock. They come in the shock bag with the preload spacers and such. If you have them would you mind trying it out?
just a crazy dude with too much time...
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 6.10.14, 8:38 pm Post #43: | Reply With Quote
Traxxas spacer: thin side, 5mm; thick side, 6.4mm
Eye in 8ight shock: 6mm.

Pesky Traxxas.
There are no atheists in the foxholes / There is no intellect in the air / There are no scientists on the way down / Just a working example of faith versus physics. --El-P, Flyentology
"Damage instigator"
jcouzis - 6.11.14, 2:27 pm Post #44: | Reply With Quote
Aww... Thats a bummer. I thought I just gave people another reason to run 8ight shocks. Everything you would need comes stock with your traxxas. (If you run fronts all around as they are hugely long.)
just a crazy dude with too much time...
"Black and Gold"
blakktalon - 6.11.14, 5:46 pm Post #45: | Reply With Quote
Thanks for posting this.I am happy to see a simplistic design, and I am inspired to give it one more go.

Especially since my first first attempt stalled out since it, was so rough with my hacksaw, and It needs more TLC with the file than I can stand to give.
"Experienced user"
crazymike - 10.24.16, 3:12 am Post #46: | Reply With Quote
Anybody else tried this mod? Thinking of doing it on my daughter's 2wd slash as I have loads of 4mm Ali plate and a spare set of 8ight shocks f&r, or do you just use fronts on the f&r?
"Experienced user"
llDemonll - 10.27.16, 3:09 pm Post #47: | Reply With Quote
I have Vorza shocks and like them but I'm trying to get in contact with Dr.Isotope to see if he will give out his shocks tower plans so I don't have to guess-work at fabbing up my own
"Dragon. The new white meat!"
loryk - 11.12.16, 12:12 pm Post #48: | Reply With Quote
llDemonll said
I have Vorza shocks and like them but I'm trying to get in contact with Dr.Isotope to see if he will give out his shocks tower plans so I don't have to guess-work at fabbing up my own
I have an old drawing of the front shock towers that Dr. I runs. I have no guarantee as to how accurate they'll be or how well they'll fit but if you want to try it out, I can send you a copy of the file. You might want to make a little cardboard mockup first to see if I was even close to being correct.
I spend money on parts so I can break things faster.