Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Fredo - 2.16.17, 5:06 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
So I've been going back and forth on my slash option, convert to road, backslash, leave it as is?
I decided that since I had parts here at the house I would go with a Monster Truck conversion, I had already done a LCG conversion so I'll have to go back and undo that.
I replaced the shocks with a set of DHK Wolf 4X4 buggy shocks. They are oil filled or should be (2 were dry from the factory) I filled with 32.5W oil and turned the springs down to add more stiffness to the ride and harder rebound off the jumps. I also added a set of MT tires and wheels from a ACME Thrash roller I got off of BillDeLong (THANKS BILL). Powered by a XTM 3300K brushless system. I wish I could post videos but I'm old and mostly analog.I took it to a local bash spot and ran two packs through it. It runs GREAT and Jumps even better.
Here are a couple of photos, because no pics = didn't happen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slash monster2a.jpg (230.0 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg sash monster1a.jpg (237.4 KB, 78 views)
Aluminum shock caps are like a gateway drug
"I-/"
JesterTheJoker - 2.16.17, 5:50 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Love the look of those wheels and tires, i have the Traxxas Stampede Grave Digger (Monster Mutt, MaxD, Scully, Craniac, so on) stretched over proline SCT beadlocks and i love their looks, though the performance is lacking (they make the truck understeer really bad, but straight-line traction is amazing) they make the truck fun to drive! Better than my road hawgs in some respect, which grip like fly paper on hot tarmac.
True creativity has an element of madness, its what makes it un-predictable
-Aspiring Psychologist, Actor, and Backyard Mechanic-
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 2.18.17, 10:28 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
That looks good
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "