Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"ostrich user"
iansudduth22 - 3.09.11, 6:34 pm Post #21: | Reply With Quote
um i noticed the integy castor blocks,i have them too...should i be worried?
RC is to Man as what Diamonds are to Women...excepts diamonds dont do wheelies down the street at 40 mph. LOL
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 3.09.11, 6:58 pm Post #22: | Reply With Quote
Those caster blocks are on my son's truck now, not a problem with them at all. They're cosmetically identical to the STRC.
There are no atheists in the foxholes / There is no intellect in the air / There are no scientists on the way down / Just a working example of faith versus physics. --El-P, Flyentology
"Experienced user"
SH0CK3R - 3.09.11, 7:09 pm Post #23: | Reply With Quote
I have always steered away from integy, as I have read that the alum. is soft. Do you think this is true?
Despite the recent rise in cost-of-living, it still remains popular

"The only thing that stays the same is change."-Sage Francis
"Stupid people do stupid things, smart people outsmart each other."- Serj Tankian, System of a Down
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 3.09.11, 7:29 pm Post #24: | Reply With Quote
From my experience with the Integy stuff, it's truly hit-and-miss. A buddy of mine bought their camber links, they were awful. Another bought the MSR9 shocks, they work just fine. I bought the caster blocks some years ago (they've been on three trucks so far) and they're holding up great. The Integy upper chassis I used on my STRC conversion never gave me a single problem, and was fairly cheap compared to the alternatives.

I personally think Integy is neither great nor terrible. They make cheaper parts that work pretty well for what they cost.
There are no atheists in the foxholes / There is no intellect in the air / There are no scientists on the way down / Just a working example of faith versus physics. --El-P, Flyentology
"Experienced user"
ScottT - 4.01.11, 7:06 am Post #25: | Reply With Quote
Hey Doc,
I'm inspired by your post here and am thinking of building the same system. Just out of curiosity, since you fabbed up your own front tower, why not go with the stock 8ight shock mounts for the uppers? Looks like they are very sturdy and have a good offset?
Scott T
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 4.01.11, 7:55 am Post #26: | Reply With Quote
From what I read, standard threading.
"Experienced user"
ScottT - 4.01.11, 8:40 am Post #27: | Reply With Quote
Doc,
I'm not trying to be difficult, but I'm not sure what you mean. If you are building your own system then you can either tap the holes to match the thread pattern on the stock mounts, or, since it's possible that the aluminum is thinner at that point, drill the hole large enough to pass the post threads through then run a nyloc onto it.
Scott T
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 4.01.11, 10:40 am Post #28: | Reply With Quote
Because my entire truck is metric, I don't want to have to grab a std. wrench just to work on the shocks. I'll just make my own standoffs at that point. Plus, I'd only want the titanium standoffs, and ~$35 is a little rich for my blood.
"Experienced user"
ScottT - 4.01.11, 1:13 pm Post #29: | Reply With Quote
Got it. I was thinking about the threads, completely ignoring that if the threads are standard.....so is the drive end..DOH!! LOL.
Scott T
"Big Talkin Know Nothin"
federally - 4.01.11, 9:46 pm Post #30: | Reply With Quote
Well Doc thanks to you and your thread here I added some D8 shocks onto the rear of my truck and I'm looking for fronts for a bargain. Still figuring out the setup on them, I have the green losi springs on right now with 20wt oil and the HB 1.4 piston. The truck doesn't sag enough and with no preload it sits a little high, yet it handles like a freakin dream so I'm not sure what I wanna do about it. Might be taking the 1.2 piston which I'll never use and drill the holes out bigger then the 1.4s and see wat that gives me. Question is, if the truck seems to be doing everything perfectly why am I so worried about it sitting a little high at rest? Am I insane?
Electrix Ruckus EzRun 60amp esc + Vxl motor
Axial SCX10 Sidewinder Sv2 + Tacon 1200kv motor

Sparta, TN