Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Vacationing user"
apfroggy0408 - 11.10.11, 7:37 pm Post #31: | Reply With Quote
I dislike you very much for showing me this and making me drop money to make this happen on my truck.
"AMP Hobby"
SirSlash4x4 - 11.10.11, 8:41 pm Post #32: | Reply With Quote
apfroggy0408 said
I dislike you very much for showing me this and making me drop money to make this happen on my truck.
/facepalm
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and He will make your paths straight.
-Ephesians 6:10-18

http://stores.ebay.com/AMP-Hobby
"Experienced user"
iridebmxnmoto - 11.13.11, 3:21 pm Post #33: | Reply With Quote
do you have to build your own shocktower or is there one you can buy?
"Experienced user"
FireFrenzy - 11.14.11, 1:32 am Post #34: | Reply With Quote
i run a set of 8ightB shocks on my backslash and those bolt right on... Doc made this harder for himself by running buggy rears all around...
Rustifier - 11.14.11, 2:06 pm Post #35: | Reply With Quote
Very nice. I wish I had the skills like you do Dr.
"Vacationing user"
apfroggy0408 - 11.17.11, 7:11 pm Post #36: | Reply With Quote
Is there a significant advantage to doing this with a basher? I like the stance a lot.
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 11.17.11, 7:21 pm Post #37: | Reply With Quote
I rebuild my shocks every... I dunno, 80-100 packs. So I guess that's an advantage. The 8ight shocks are also tremendously well built and incredibly durable.
There are no atheists in the foxholes / There is no intellect in the air / There are no scientists on the way down / Just a working example of faith versus physics. --El-P, Flyentology
"Vacationing user"
apfroggy0408 - 11.17.11, 8:57 pm Post #38: | Reply With Quote
Would you recommend someone doing this for a pure basher?
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 11.17.11, 9:10 pm Post #39: | Reply With Quote
I am a pure basher. I haven't raced in almost 20 years. I think it's great for a basher because we run a whole lot more packs than racers do-- it's not uncommon for me to run 3-4 packs in an afternoon, where a racer might run 2-3 packs in a whole week. So our service intervals tend to get stretched out-- at least I know mine do. So any part that can run longer with less fuss is a win for me.
There are no atheists in the foxholes / There is no intellect in the air / There are no scientists on the way down / Just a working example of faith versus physics. --El-P, Flyentology
"Vacationing user"
apfroggy0408 - 11.18.11, 9:43 am Post #40: | Reply With Quote
Thanks for the responses. I'll be doing this very soon. Need to buy some aluminum for the mounts!