Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
erevo1*16 - 10.26.12, 5:29 pm Post #31: | Reply With Quote
Lol. I know.

I just wanted to call the tree killer crazy.
My Tastes are simple:
I am easily satisfied with the best.
-Sir Winston Churchill
"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 10.26.12, 6:22 pm Post #32: | Reply With Quote
Well, state the obvious why don't you!
RC addict and loving it
somewhere near Grass Valley, CA --- let's bash
"Experienced user"
erevo1*16 - 10.26.12, 7:03 pm Post #33: | Reply With Quote
Well hey.... Its not like I called you a tree-hugger or something.

Plus if my curbs were in any measurable way "living"; I'd be right there with you.

#curb'killin rc style
My Tastes are simple:
I am easily satisfied with the best.
-Sir Winston Churchill
"Used Experiencer"
raygunpanda - 10.26.12, 7:43 pm Post #34: | Reply With Quote
my curb is literally deadly. my 1:1 car bottoms out on it, so its no wonder my rc hates it. lol
"Experienced user"
Feralcomp - 10.26.12, 8:18 pm Post #35: | Reply With Quote
First run: Baseball diamond. Dirt paws on rear w/ dirt hogs (hawgs?) on front. Ran for about 25 min WFO (80A Xerun w/ Castle 1410) and came away pretty impressed.

Front traction was limited- the dirt hogs are nearly a year old and were no match for the dirt paws. Tomorrow I'll have installed a set of the paws on the front, too, which will hopefully reduce understeer.

Rear traction was great- the car would excavate trenches from a dead stop, and it was pretty easy to arrest a slide by getting back on the throttle. Worked good in the dirt portion of the diamond, in some fallen leaves (still slippery, but the paws killed the Mashers we had on before) and in the grass. They're fun.

Also worthy of note- despite near-constant wheelspin in the dirt there's no evidence of wear on the nubs; it'll be interesting to see how they hold up long term.

Pretty sure you guys are right, though- pavement is out. I cautioned the child to go easy on the pavement otherwise he'd wreck his new tires.
"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 10.27.12, 10:09 am Post #36: | Reply With Quote
As I've said before, with a two wheel drive car, acceleration can make a car all but un-steerable --- similar to a wheelie making the car completely un-steerable. Slowing and braking are the answer. Wheels in the air do nothing appreciable. Gotta get those front wheels down and planted for them to have influence.

I use Slicers up front and just get off the accelerator, or a bit on the brakes, when I need to turn or steer (to keep from being hit by a tree).

A racer taught me all this. Newbies just don't use the brake enough. I still forget sometimes --- so today I'm replacing the bulkhead I broke yesterday. This is why the oft repeated bromide is so true: "Slow is fast."
RC addict and loving it
somewhere near Grass Valley, CA --- let's bash
"Experienced user"
SHOrdr - 10.27.12, 11:46 am Post #37: | Reply With Quote
DrJVogel said
...This is why the oft repeated bromide is so true: "Slow is fast."
I thought it was "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast"

Bought some badlands to see what it's like to run a motocross tire on the track but I don't think they will replace my gladiators.
-SHO 3x RWD Traxxas Slash (my fleet), and a merv.
"Experienced user"
joecool - 10.27.12, 12:42 pm Post #38: | Reply With Quote
make your camber -5 degrees.
"Very experienced user"
Saab93 - 10.28.12, 3:49 pm Post #39: | Reply With Quote
Duallies in the rear plus lots of rear camber!!
Saab- Born from jets, killed by GM
"Experienced user"
buggyman123 - 10.28.12, 4:17 pm Post #40: | Reply With Quote
ive got the proline bow-ties and they work awesome
Traxxas electric 4-Tech, Himoto Mega X-B10 4x4, and Traxxas PEDE, Arrma Typhon, Merv